Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.......at least in my opinion and my wallet.

Bought some take off SRT seats from takeoffautoparts.com from a Toxic Orange car $450.

Had the TO replaced with white $400.

And had my upholstery guy change the covers $500.

A little spendy, but I really wanted the original SRT seat and no seat covers.

My upholstery guy spent an hour cleaning the white seats to perfection, they only had 2400 miles on them. Now they are vacuum sealed and safe until someone buys them.

Nothing against the white seats or the guys who are buying covers, this just suits me better and I did not like cleaning my seats every couple days. This is another option for you guys who want to make the change.

I am still thinking about changing the door panels due to the blue stitching, but time will tell on that.

I plan on driving my car a lot and want it exactly the way I envisioned it from the factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Spendy? No doubt. But to me you hit a home run on this one. Not only more practical but I have a strong preference for these over the stock (IE) seats. Very classy.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Those seats look great! I like dark interiors. The white accent is really looks sharp... Nice job!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks fantastic. Ever post numbers on you pro charger?

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Way more practical.... The stock IE seats are great if you plan on vacuum bagging the car and saving it for someone else. My thing is, I want to drive my car and I want the interior to "look good" two years from now. And I know, try as I might, the IE seats wouldn't hold up. My light interior in my 300C didn't hold up and I took care of it.

I think the white band is just enough contrast to tie the theme together, you could have maybe even had "392" stitched into the white bars in blue but since you are de-striped, this ties together fine!

Spendy yes... But the end result looks great to me!

·
Banned
675 Posts
All the IE's should of looked like that

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry, I have an IE and love the white seats. Stock SRT seats look bland and very plain, the RT seats actually look better than the plain SRT seats. Kudos for doing your own thing to your car though. I still think it's a waste of a perfectly good IE.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
let us know what you think in a year. hope they still look great but I had a couple of cars with white leather seats and that is the MAIN REASON I did NOT buy the IE.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well I'm three months in and they look just like the day I bought the car. Sure they will dirty in time, but all seats are going to wear over time. I always hated the stock SRT seats. They look like they should be in a station wagon, not a muscle car. Before I found out about the IE I was planning to swap the SRT seats out for RT seats or get Katskinz. I still like the RT seats better than even the IE seats though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like the change you made. I'm not sure what they were thinking doing the seats white like that. It is just not practical. Most everyone I have talked to about the IE cars say the seats is the first thing they would change if possible, or the reason they did not buy the IE to begin with. I have to say, it took a lot of balls to rip the seats out of a special car like that! Good job making it your own. Do yourself a favor and switch out the door panels too, to finish it off. There is no reason not to, considering the time and expense you have already committed to.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I really like the white seats. It's sooooooo retro, one of the reasons I wanted the IE. I hope they survive. I also love the look of Gmans, thats right "Gman"s mod. Perhaps he's the smartest. Make the car what you want today, squirrel away the original parts for restoring and selling down the road. Are you saving the original covers? And did you order a set of stripes?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Nice job on the seats. I love the white seats on a weekend car or for collectors. Not very practical in a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
you spent $2,000 extra for an IE to get a white challenger SRT, then spent $1500 to change the seats and took off the stripes...

now for 2012 you could have gotten the exact car you originally wanted....(i know!...who could have predicted the future)

its funny

seats look ok....not great, not bad either....we both have our own way to solve the seat issue...i probably should have gone your route, but i thought the seat replacements would be $1,500 and not $600 like you paid....i would have just kept the orange accent

i really like the looks of the IE seats....im thinking in 10 years when the kids are grown i may take the covers off and enjoy it for what it is....maybe white pants and white belts will be in by then and my seats will stay clean.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks great. I originally wanted a DWB IE but the white seats were the deal breaker for me. If I woulda though of this route, I probably would have bought it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I dunno Goehner.

How are you EVER going to keep that white accent stripe clean?! Oh the horror!!

:thumbsup:

Seriously - I like the new look. Much meaner now and it looks less like a watercraft.

JFF:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts