Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
That is why I put a roll cage in my R/T before I ever added even nitrous, not to mention then the s/c and stroker. Safety first!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is why I most likely won't even make a pass until my baby is paid off.Even if you have a perfect run, you always gotta worry about the guy in the other lane. Sucks to see that happen. Hope the driver was ok.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
did not watch the video, does he have a cage or just a 4 or 6 point roll bar? there is a difference. If you are a serious racer, you should not ignore safety features like cage, good brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Like I always say J, "SAFETY FIRST" I see people spend mad money to make there cars fast but CRY about adding safety items:scratchhead: I had a roll bar in my car but after seeing that Lambo crash in Texas I decided on a full cage. If your gonna race on the track or do crazy things on the back roads I HIGHLY recommend safety items, Just sayin:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I always say J, "SAFETY FIRST" I see people spend mad money to make there cars fast but CRY about adding safety items:scratchhead: I had a roll bar in my car but after seeing that Lambo crash in Texas I decided on a full cage. If your gonna race on the track or do crazy things on the back roads I HIGHLY recommend safety items, Just sayin:thumbsup:
Well, only if you design me one that looks as good as yours :guiness:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
M
Well, only if you design me one that looks as good as yours :guiness:
J, look how nice Sam's came out and he's still able to get the kids in the car. You can put tube connectors on the door bars and harness bar (Bar behind seat) so when your not racing you can pull the bars out. Every pass Sam made at the mile my stomach dropped knowing he didn't have a roll bar in the car. You got to see first hand when the Corvette flipped in Texas and the driver walked away:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M J, look how nice Sam's came out and he's still able to get the kids in the car. You can put tube connectors on the door bars and harness bar (Bar behind set) so when your not racing you can pull the bars out. Every pass Sam made at the mile my stomach dropped knowing he didn't have a roll bar in the car. You got to see first hand when the Corvette flipped in Texas and the driver walked away:thumbsup:
Yeah, I'll check Sam's out at the Mile in Oct. He should be picking up his car now bro!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I didn't watch the video but have had first hand experience with roll cages. I have watched my own car hit the wall at 185 mph due to a blower belt coming off and going under the back tire causing the car to jack knife. A roll cage is a very important part of safety no doubt. I have seen some dangerous roll cages become missiles inside the car also. If anyone is getting a roll cage I strongly suggest spending the extra money and get a professional chassis shop build it.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Sam has some pics posted, but it's better to see those types of things in person. I wanna see how livable it is.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Yeah, I'll check Sam's out at the Mile in Oct. He should be picking up his car now bro!
I was going to call him but I know he's having too much fun hanging with AJ and the Arrington crew. The tires on "Mae West" should be half gone by now lol. He has a long drive home so I'm sure our phones will be ringing with updates and crazy driving stories :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yikes.
that makes me worried enough to consider something even with just a SE and a power adder. So did the guy walk away or hospital time?

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
What CR did Hemi Sam go with on his new motor. Did he up the cu while at it. I havnt seen a post anywhere.
FT

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
What CR did Hemi Sam go with on his new motor. Did he up the cu while at it. I havnt seen a post anywhere.
FT
Arrington had a trick 392ci with some new goodies they wanted Sam to test out so the 6.1 based bad boy was installed. I'll leave the details for Sam to post. I will say his street tune puts a lot of race tunes to shame:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Dam I bet it's a easy 900rwhp beast now Congrats !!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i bet it goes low 12's

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
i bet it goes low 12's
I saw it run last night at Royal Purple Racepark in Baytown. :browsmiley: It beat low 12's. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts