Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title says this may be a stupid question but I just need to ask as I cannot figure this out. After reading many of the washing and detailing threads and getting some fantastic ideas I cannot figure one thing out that people refer to. A lot of people say that when they dry the car they also use a Quick Detailer spray like Meguiar's.

Now my question is when exactly do you spray the detailer on the car? Do you do it when the car is still wet before you dry it at all? Do you do it after you have gotten the majority of the water absorbed with something like an Absorber but before you use a waffle-weave to get the last bits of moisture? Do you use it after the car is completely dry as a final "treatment"?

HELP as I am at a lose on this one and it is driving me nuts.........which does not take much now some days it seems :notallthere:

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can use it either during the drying process or after.

1. spray on paint as you do the final drying. Note this should be done AFTER you have done the final rinse which would include flooding the paint with a slow stream to sheet excess water off (or sometimes called slow rinse or pooling rinse)

2. After you have dried the paint

The advantage of option 1 is that it is adds can add lubricity while drying to reduce the chance of marring plus it is faster than drying completely then using the detailer since you end up wiping down the paint twice (less touching means less risk of marring).

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
^^^^^ ....what Bunky said.

When I do dry traditionally, I prefer method #1 (apply to wet panels and then dry with my waffle weave micro fiber towel(s)). As far as product choices, I prefer Duragloss Aquawax for this task.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
If your car is just a little dusty, there is no need to wash it. Just apply the detail spray and wipe off with a microfiber cloth to leave a super slick gloss.

P.S. BJ's Wholesale Warehouse sells two bottles of Meguires Ultimate Detail Spray (22 oz.) in a bonus pack that includes a bottle of Meguires Quick Wax for only $13.99- this is like getting 2 free bottles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts