Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree with Oz. All the other dodges got lots of interior love for 2011. The Challenger got the same steering wheel as the dodge journey. The Challenger is a beautiful flashy car, but the interior is rather blah. It is time for dodge to make the inside match the outside :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The 2011 steering wheel is kinda ehh to me. I like this one slightly better but still not 100%. It's only a minor thing though. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with Oz. All the other dodges got lots of interior love for 2011. The Challenger got the same steering wheel as the dodge journey. The Challenger is a beautiful flashy car, but the interior is rather blah. It is time for dodge to make the inside match the outside

yeah, that steering wheel is nicer than the '11. I like the center logo.
Look the picture enlarged (if you haven't already done so)
you can see the SRT logo embossed on the lower aluminum spoke area
along with the contours this is a beautiful steering wheel.
Blows away the Viper's , ZR1 Vette & Shelby ones.
For 50K + this is what I would have expected , not the dodge caravan
wheel but hey if it can be swapped I'll be stoked.
The controls look like they are in the same spot.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a running change mid year.

Yeah the 2011 is an improvement over the old but that's a pretty LOW benchmark

·
Registered
653 Posts
It's actually the Mopar 10 Challenger steering wheel. Anybody know where we can buy them? It's so much nicer than the stock wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Round center hub like the original
Plus it's freakn sweet !
( Will swap out in 2012 if offered )
You're absolutely right! Dodge has had two chances to put a suitable wheel in the Challenger. This Charger wheel looks just right! Will you be able to switch the wheels without too much trouble? I would.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're absolutely right! Dodge has had two chances to put a suitable wheel in the Challenger. This Charger wheel looks just right! Will you be able to switch the wheels without too much trouble? I would.
Looking at the 2 wheels side by side I'm thinking this is a fairly
straight up swap. Bet the wiring harness on the control buttons
is identical so it should plug right in

Wonder what the cost of the Charger SRT wheel will be

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Oz have you found anyone that sells the Mopar '10 wheel you want? I've looked all over but can't find one. Would replace it with the stock 392 wheel in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Oz have you found anyone that sells the Mopar '10 wheel you want? I've looked all over but can't find one. Would replace it with the stock 392 wheel in a heartbeat.
Actually want the 2012 SRT Charger Wheel .
Seen a mopar 10 with a Silver Metallic type bezel
for the Dash Gauge cluster.
I hope they offer a brushed aluminum to match the
center console stack soon

I'd think mopar will eventually offer mopar 10 parts if they don't already

·
Registered
653 Posts
Here's a reproduction of the Mopar 10 wheel, just still has the Rams head. Grant Steering Wheels)
I actually thought that the Mopar wheel was the one in the first pic you posted. I would definitely love to have the Charger wheel as well. If I ever actually get my 392.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would have liked a round center like the one for the charger but that would be the only change. I don't like the actual steering wheel itself. I like my steering wheel completely round. Those flat area would drive me nuts. I have driven cars w/steering wheels like that and never could get used to the feel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts