Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apache heads flow 340 Cfm unported. But they have a tendency to drop valve seats. Should I invest $2k in P&P, install better springs, retainers and change the valve seats or buy a new set of thitek heads for $4k out the door?

I plan on going with HHP 426 drop in kit. Kenne belle supercharger tuned on e85.
17lbs of boost with a 100hp of nitrous.

any suggestions ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why not use the 6.4L Hemi BGE heads? They are basically hellcat heads with a 6.4L bolt pattern. I bought a set used and had a complete valve job, resurfaced, ported, and installed on my Scat Pack. Flow numbers were 380 cfm intake and 238 cfm exhaust at .600 lift (my cam is just over .600 lift). Peak cfm intake was 397 and 255 exhaust at .750 lift. Well worth the cost and cheaper than Thiteks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not use the 6.4L Hemi BGE heads? They are basically hellcat heads with a 6.4L bolt pattern. I bought a set used and had a complete valve job, resurfaced, ported, and installed on my Scat Pack. Flow numbers were 380 cfm intake and 238 cfm exhaust at .600 lift (my cam is just over .600 lift). Peak cfm intake was 397 and 255 exhaust at .750 lift. Well worth the cost and cheaper than Thiteks.
Where can I order them?

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can get them anywhere. I bought mine off Facebook and had GTP out of Akron Ohio do the valve job and porting. Total cost for me was $2500 for the heads, valve, and port job. Compared to some, I think I did well for the cost. Ebay has sets of the BGE heads already resurfaced with valve job for $1500. Shoot them off to get CNC'd and you will have a budget set of ported BGE heads for around $2500.

·
Registered
217 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts