Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably for some of you body guys, had the car out ice fishing today, somehow I got the rear mud flap caught on the landing, pulled the bumper away from the body some, not a lot of damage but enough to bug me............looks like I have one broken clip, but me and the neighbor guy got most of it back together.........cant believe the mud lap would pull the bumper half way off.........I'm thinking on that one pic, I could drill a hole in the actual metal part and hook up the other end to some place secure............so far everything seems to be ok, except for the small difference in the gaps.

I'm thinking since these are mostly plastic pieces, once apart and put back together, are they ever gonna look right. LOL...the only real damage is the small crack in the corner , but when the trunk is shut you cant see it anyways.

In the pics, the damage was from the drivers side being pulled out about a 1/2 or so from the side to the middle of the bumper.

Moral of this story is...........No more ice fishing in the Challenger.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can see the gap is just a little different on the drivers side vs the pass side.............since this is my DD not sure it even pays to try to fix this. The bad part is the car is only 7 months old.............usually I screw something up in year 3-4. LOL, still haven't even got my first scratch in the thing yet........Other than that the car is running like a champ.

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Ouch!

NOTE TO SELF: Leave the Challenger at home when going ice fishing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Probably less so the mud flaps being tough and more so the rear bumper isn't as securely held on like you would expect.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably less so the mud flaps being tough and more so the rear bumper isn't as securely held on like you would expect.
I hear you on that one, I would have thought the mud flap would break off before pulling the cover off some..........I got it looking pretty good , but I'm still gonna check at a shop and see what they think.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts