Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in the process of triaging my first mods for my GWE R/T. On paper going with an aftermarket throttle body one looks like a good idea for the hp/torque and response gains for the money.

Would people with throttle body upgrades please answer the following questions?

1. Which product? (link please)
  2. Can you describe what effect it had?
  3. Are you happy with it?
  4. Would this void my warranty?
  5. Do I need a tune or will just swapping give me gains? (am getting an 11 so tunes not available for a while yet)
  6. Do you need a CAI to take advantage of a new throttle body?
thank you for your help

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Without heads/ cam I don't know why you would do this to start ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This thread is stating +15ish hp and torque with increased throttle response.

ugh well I guess the other forums are banned from here.

"I did a pre/post dyno of a BBK 85mm TB. The car is a 2010 R/T 6 spd Challenger. Mods for the pre-dyno pull are DSP, 180 stat, Flowmaster 44 cat back, and Mopar CAI. I made 3 pulls in this config to ensure the tune was good. 1st pull was to blow out the carbon. 2nd pull backed up the first. I then pulled the fuse to simulate a pcm reset so tuning the tb would be more of a fresh pcm reset comparison. The first three pulls had 11.9 to 12.0 a/f with a max KR of .5 through the pull. Nice solid tune. Then I put the tb on. KR was 2.5 and a/f went as high as 12.8 through parts of the curve. I liked my timing curve where it was so I richened it back up to a 12.0 to 12.2 curve and ended up with a max of .5 KR which matched the initial pulls.

Basically there was about 11 hp and 15 tq increases through most of the curve. I was pretty impressed with it. The dyno I went to was 2 hours away mostly interstate. I gained 1 mpg on the drive home. TB, 1/2 tank less gas (less weight), fresh pcm reset, and pouring down rain. So those gains could be any and/or all of the above.

The initial pull after the tb install showed .1 PEAK hp less and 3 PEAK tq increase. 3 and 4 hp gains through the curve and about 7 tq gain. It made a nice difference tuning out the KR from the leaner a/f ratio. Bringing the 12.8 a/f back to a 12.2 picked up a good power increase without the KR"

here is the throttle that was recommended
http://www.speedlogixstore.com/Searc...earch=bbk+85mm

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
You'll need tuning to get those gains. Wait for Diablo tuner. Waiting sucks, I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts