Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a K&N washable/reusable cabin air filter but I just had my mechanic swap it with a regular disposable one, forget the brand. Felt maybe too much of a hassle to wash and dry and spray the K&N cabin air filter.
Have you guys tried HEPA cabin air filters? Would it reduce airflow too much for the AC? What do you think of these products, any recommendations or thoughts. Should I stick with my washable K&N or do disposable? Maybe feels like a waste to not use up all the product after buying it unless the HEPA is better for me as far as air quality since i'll be breathing in the air from the outside environment that may not be as favorable.

These are some I looked at:

They both seem to be about $25 each, sort of a pain to change so I had my mechanic help he charges $20 for filter changes whether it's cabin air or engine filter

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic M6
731 Posts
I just buy one at O'Reilly's once a year and swap it out. Seems to keep the interior less dusty than the old days when we didn't have cabin filters. But not really a pain to drag my interior duster around once in a while and knock off the dust.

Cheers,

JD

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This seems like the price is good and it’s HEPA. Not sure if it’s a good fit , one reviewer said something about the fitment.

these cabin air filters have no effect on performance right? Just air quality , amount of air that comes out of ac vents?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the cabin air filter that it was replaced with today is just some generic cabin air filter without mold resistance and all that fancy filtering. Wondering if that should be okay

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have The Purolator One, with activated charcoal, although I don’t really care about that, just wanted an American made product. HEPA is overkill in my opinion, you’re constantly opening the car door, rolling down the windows etc. I change mine and the wife’s once a year, costs $16 a piece.

As for the engine filter I switched my wife’s Jeep with a washable dry filter. I didn’t care to have to buy additional things to maintain a filter so it was a hard pass on K&N. Spent like $50 a couple years ago once, filter still…um…filtering.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
My manual says to change it every 20,000 miles. That is a bit too soon for where I live, so I'm going to extend my current cabin filter to 30,000 miles. I use the Purolator One that Stumblin Steve suggested.
If I lived in a dry, dusty climate like Arizona, then I would definitely change filters at 20,000 miles or sooner.
I still can't wrap my head around my 2009 Challenger having no cabin filter. :eek:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I still can't wrap my head around my 2009 Challenger having no cabin filter. :eek:
I could not either. My air ducts were dusty after 80K miles on my first 2009. I installed the air filter kit on my current ride. They were standard equipment on the 300 in 2009. They were being cheap or didn't have enough parts. You could also buy a 2009 SE with 17" wheels and NO ABS. You had to pay $3,000 for 18" wheels and ABS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts