Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I finally had the time to bring in my 2010 R/T Classic B5 6 spd to Eddie at Southern Hot Rod in New Orleans.

I've got very minor mods which include an Arrington CAI, 180 T-Stat, JBA shorty headers, Blastin' Bob's resonator delete along with my Predator.

We did three pulls, one with the 93 CAI Tune, Stock Tune and the 91 CAI Tune. We weren't doing a custom tune just yet and I just wanted to see what the Challenger could put down.

Best run was on the 91 CAI Tune which netted me 349 Rwhp and 384 Rwtq.

I've been going to SHR for quite some time now and from what I've seen and talking with Eddie as well as other customers of his, his numbers seem to be pretty on the money.

I'll post up the dyno sheet tomorrow. I just wanted to know from you guys/gals how well did I far?

I'll be back soon enough to get my 2010 Jeep SRT on the dyno. I have plans for both but keeping it simple for the time being.

I also saw a lot of cool cars in the shop; Georges 426 Techo Jeep out of the engine bay, a guys Challenger from my town which is nearly done with a 426 with a Maggie on top (looks so OEM) and the Billet head covers look awesome. As well as the blown blacked out 300 SRT and two other modified Jeeps, one with an Arrington 426 I believe that he's using to spray a 200 shot of nitrous.

So a big thanks goes out to Eddie and his crew as always and we'll be back for the more expensive goodies soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are actually pretty normal numbers, they are not low. It will be nice to see the graph to see how the torque curve comes on.
If you had enough dyno time (with AFR gauge) you may have been able to get another 8-10 HP/TQ by pushing the fuel tables on the tune with the Predator.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Those are great numbers for Eddies Dyno, my car put down 358rwhp and 384rwtq back in early August

Stock SRT8s put down about 330 on that dyno

·
Registered
9 Posts
What type of dyno is it?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
What type of dyno is it?
Its a DynoDynamics, they read around the same as a mustang dyno. They call his dyno "The HeartBreaker" lol. Friend of mine has a KB running 8lbs with Kooks longtube and highflows making about 480-490rwhp on this dyno..its definitely a conservative dyno lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those ARE good numbers if the DynoDynamics works like a mustang dyno, compared to a dyno jet or superflow.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Oh yes, he got some very nice numbers. A good way to sort of get an idea of what a car will put down on a Dynojet is to devide the RWHP number from the DynoDynamics(or MustangDyno) by .9-.92, because these more conservative dynos show about 8-10% less power than a typical Dynojet will. Of course this isn't a proven science lol, but I plan to strap mine to a Dynojet sometime to compare the numbers some more. I'm hoping for somewhere near 390rwhp

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Oh yeah, I meant to tell you that Eddie had an L99(400hp auto SS) on the dyno a bit before I went over there to get my custom tune and he said it only put down 300rwhp on his dyno! So I was really happy with my numbers once all was said and done

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I meant to tell you that Eddie had an L99(400hp auto SS) on the dyno a bit before I went over there to get my custom tune and he said it only put down 300rwhp on his dyno! So I was really happy with my numbers once all was said and done
Hey Chris, what's up? We need to hit the track together soon like we talked about.

You're right, Eddie's Dyno is not one of those that spew out super high hp/tq and is indeed right on the money. Eddie's stock Challenger Srt put down 360 Rwhp which comes out to be 425.

He was very impressed with just the basic mods and the canned Predator tune. Obviously if i wanted him to do a custom tune he could of netted more but I've got future things in the works and will get that done when those projects are complete.

He had another B5 R/T Classic 6 spd on file, with basically the same mods save for he had long tube headers and be only managed 319 Rwhp.

And it's nice to hear about the Camaro, haha. He had a Z06 with different heads, intake, TB and I believe headers that made 460-490 Rwhp, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Yeah man, I'm dying to go back out! Hopefully I can make a trip down there before ChallengerFest. Gotta get some more practice in lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Numbers look good.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Eddie's stock Challenger Srt put down 360 Rwhp ...
2 Questions: How was Eddie's stock Challenger Srt able to put down 360 rwhp on that dyno when other Challenger Srts only put down 330 rwhp on that same dyno? What was so special about Eddie's stock Challenger Srt?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with SAE or any other correction factor being shown. There is a big differance between correction factors on the dynos.

·
Registered
145 Posts
343 and 370.

I've got the dyno graph in my email, can someone tell me how I can post it?
So the predator gave you approx 6 rwhp and 14 rwtq?

hmmmm

Are you still running cats? or high flow cats?

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts