Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I wonder if the price is too much... the wheels are about 1,200 but the custom finish to make them white is an additional 1,200. I’m using car Id so I’m also assuming they will for an run well... kind of a newbie to car stuff any input would be appreciated, I feel like the finish is too much...

They would look something like this:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nice rim, the price is little high for me, but doubling it for custom paint job, I would pass on it. I would take the rim as is, as long as it fit properly, right offset and bolt pattern. But all in all, it's really your decision, it's your money.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,475 Posts
The "finished" wheels look great, but they are pricey.

I assume that they will complement the color of your Challenger. What color is your car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "finished" wheels look great, but they are pricey.

I assume that they will complement the color of your Challenger. What color is your car?
White, black but now windows are tinted with black louvres and black scoops on the little windows.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
They might be price BUT your only going to do this one time !!
If the style and finish is what you want I say do it .
Also I just bough5 rotors & pads , also H& R springs from car Carid
they are great to deal with

Reactions: Rgrove44

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
170 Posts
Both. IMHO white wheels are hideous. But I'm old and crotchety and my opinion really doesn't matter. :LOL:
It's a standard R/T right? Maybe get a set of scatpack take-offs or something. A 9" forged wheel makes more sense, and offers some alternatives on tire size, if you're into that.
I would have spent the money on the handling package - that has the bigger brakes and suspension upgrades, comes with LSD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both. IMHO white wheels are hideous. But I'm old and crotchety and my opinion really doesn't matter. :LOL:
It's a standard R/T right? Maybe get a set of scatpack take-offs or something. A 9" forged wheel makes more sense, and offers some alternatives on tire size, if you're into that.
I would have spent the money on the handling package - that has the bigger brakes and suspension upgrades, comes with LSD.
That’s fair.. I didn’t buy em yet tho. I’m still thinking too expensive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hard to say what it would look like. Are you talking just a little white or the whole wheel. Price is subjective. Headers will set you back $2k. May not be my style but I have seen a lot of rides out there that looked really good with colored wheels. A little white may look pretty cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hard to say what it would look like. Are you talking just a little white or the whole wheel. Price is subjective. Headers will set you back $2k. May not be my style but I have seen a lot of rides out there that looked really good with colored wheels. A little white may look pretty cool.
I just wanted the lip white

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Not my style but definitely a nice wheel. As for price that's not bad for the wheels itself, the paint however is a lot. I'd contact a reputable powder coating shop near by and see if they can powder coat those wheels for cheaper. Not sure the pricing on powder coating wheels but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
170 Posts
In so-Cal alloy wheels can be blasted and coated for about $100 a wheel. Special machining or masking surely would cost a little more.
I'm not sure about powder coat for wheels - sure plenty are done that way, but factory wheels are painted and clear-coated. The finish is nicer, and not so thick, and PC is super hard and brittle and once chipped cannot be repaired.
When I did motorcycle restorations a lot of people powder coated frames, but many of us favored paint for all these same reasons. PC has its place, just not always the ideal finish for hard parts.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
457 Posts
I agree with most, doubling it for painting especially since you just want the rim lip seems not reasonably priced. You could probably find another style wheel with the painted rim or have a good place do it for less than 1200.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts