Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2016 R/T Shaker Plus
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any potential damage to be had from using a Pedal Commander or other similar products to reduce lag within the pedal?

Will this allow for additional stress onto the car, which could be an issue with higher millage?

How about using it in conjunction with a ProCharger?

· Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
353 Posts
My warranty is up in March so I’m looking forward to long tubes, high flow cats and a tune…I’ll still use my pedal commander so I can adjust the response to my liking.

· Registered
2011 SXT
5,735 Posts
It is a cool little toy to play around with, have heard some bugs happen now and then
Yep, because many of the Enhancers uses the 5 volt Pedal Connector to power it on Chrysler Products
when you loose more then about 0.03 volts it can in most cases cause a Limp Mode and unresponsive Throttle.
Why I would not touch one when I spoke to some people in local Mopar Clubs who have had them trigger it.

As to the Original Poster when you Unlock your PCM and do the Tune for the Supercharger in the Tune Settings
you can virtually eliminate that stock lag all together. Last thing you want to have happen is limp mode when
your punching it or getting into traffic , on freeway, interstate, hwy or intersection. When One of them was telling about the
limp mode he walked over and goes here you can have this if you want it as he handed me the Commander and original
contents box. Told him no thanks and that was more then convincing how serious he was.

That is 300.00 wasted to use a pedal enhancer of any brand. Even an unlocked PCM getting a Tune can not only will gain
HP but it can be set to get rid of Pedal Lag!!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Had a PC on my 2012 5.7L for about a month. What a waste of time and money. Had the mech. that was doing service take it off and gave it to him for his trouble. Have any lag tuned out or give it a little more pedal at launch...

· Premium Member
11,681 Posts
Had a PC on my 2012 5.7L for about a month. What a waste of time and money. Had the mech. that was doing service take it off and gave it to him for his trouble. Have any lag tuned out or give it a little more pedal at launch...
Sorry, not buying you gave away a $300+ item. I have one on my truck and car and it makes all the difference, something doesn’t sound right here. I’m usually a skeptic but gave in and bought it knowing it was returnable. Why didn’t you return yours?

· Registered
55 Posts
I have used one called I drive 9 or something like that on both my Challenger SRT, 6.4 normally aspirated and 6.1 with Vortec making over 600 hp and as far as I can tell there have been no side effects and they have gotten rid of all the lag. Also, they are a lot less than $100, a lot better deal I think and a PC for over $300! I suppose everybody has their own opinions and I would never spend $300 for a PC, but the cheap one has worked great for me. FWIW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts