Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 R/T
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Vendor
13,244 Posts
we never mark up a vehicle, high value vehicles are all sold at MSRP.......we sold 4 Demons and currently 2 TRX at MSRP, with no additional bs fees of any sort, no doc's fees, no nitrogen fees, no detail fees,

taxes, title and registration only(y)

recently we saw an addendum from another dealer with 1770 dollars of mark up fees on the bottom line, 995.00 was for documentation fees

something else some less then reputable dealers do, they will advertise every single possible incentive that applies to a vehicle, however you may not qualify for most and in some case not may not qualify for any.....

our advertise price is the price and in some cases there is some room for negotiation, but you can walk in and buy for that price plus, taxes, title and registration and nothing else

·
Vendor
13,244 Posts
for example

msrp $52560.00, sell for $47690.00

now if you qualify for any incentives, like military discounts or associates, or any other incentive the selling price would be reduced by that amount

and in many cases we will deliver the vehicle to you in many adjoining state for free!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Vendor
13,244 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,433 Posts
It's all about supply and demand. When the Challenger came out, in 2008, many dealers were adding "market adjustments."

By shopping around, I was able to buy my 2009 SRT for MSRP. This was the first time i purchased a car without a discount.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger 1320
153 Posts
Big (y) to Steve White! I bought my 1320 from them. Bottom line out the door I ended up getting 1320 Plus for less than what seemed a very good deal from a DC area "high volume" dealer on a base 1320 after they added all their BS fees on. All of my questions were answered promptly and fully. They treated me like a valued customer, which was VERY different from the other dealer.

AND they delivered the car to Maryland.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
869 Posts
I agree with the kudos to Steve White Motors! I'm fortunate to have friends in the business in Jacksonville. But some of those guys are approaching retirement age. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to travel to Hickory, NC to buy from Steve White Motors.

Wouldn't be the first time I combined a road trip with a car purchase. Me and a buddy drove to Marion, VA to buy his 2006 Pontiac GTO because that's where the best deal was on the exact car he wanted.

@Hemiman33 ... Good job of sharing RacerX's video here. I just watched it yesterday afternoon. He nearly always puts out good content.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,195 Posts
Much adoo about nothing. Price is not fact only an opinion. Dealer not gouging customer. The window sticker clearly shows the base price, option price, and any ADM.

If the customer decides the car with the ADM is worth it that's the customer's business.

The high price is not so much to make alot of (extra) money on that car but to make the car a "halo" car.

The dealer makes lots more money selling the less expensive models. The high price on that car helps to make a sale of a lesser less expensive car.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
something else some less then reputable dealers do, they will advertise every single possible incentive that applies to a vehicle, however you may not qualify for most and in some case not may not qualify for any.....
Yep, the dealer I used to do business with had a Chrylser 300 a couple years ago when I got the "Itch" for a new work beater. Well they showed all the rebates then when I got to the lot, well one is for people with bad credit, my credit score is over 800, two had something to do with being a realtor, no dice there, 1 was for being a veteran, no dice, first time customer, yeah okay, not getting that one. Put a damper on my "Itch" real quick so I just kept my 2017 Jeep Cherokee. From now on I am only buying used and not from that dealer. Sad because I had 1 salesman I always dealt with and I always used to just stop in and B.S. with Chris, the owner and his brother the service manager.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep, the dealer I used to do business with had a Chrylser 300 a couple years ago when I got the "Itch" for a new work beater. Well they showed all the rebates then when I got to the lot, well one is for people with bad credit, my credit score is over 800, two had something to do with being a realtor, no dice there, 1 was for being a veteran, no dice, first time customer, yeah okay, not getting that one. Put a damper on my "Itch" real quick so I just kept my 2017 Jeep Cherokee. From now on I am only buying used and not from that dealer. Sad because I had 1 salesman I always dealt with and I always used to just stop in and B.S. with Chris, the owner and his brother the service manager.
I know how you feel, but the IMHO the sorry truth is, the dealers put everything on the internet, and if one dealer doesn't show the price after all those rebates, he immediately gets a reputation for being overpriced and goes out of business eventually.

I saw this when I was shopping for a car in November. I was thinking new and hadn't settled on a particular car or even brand. All similar prices on the internet and when I called I found out they were all unreal prices like you did. Finally ended up realizing I was going to have to go used for my budget which thankfully brought me to my challenger which I love.

·
Vendor
13,244 Posts
were a little dealer in the foothills and we move a lot of vehicles on good principles, morals, and strong business ethics,

·
Premium Member
2020 R/T
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Not what I expected but I guess the market is good with this technique. Nor did I think this thread would become an advertisement either. Me personally, I saw this a lot in Denver for Harleys and any higher end vehicle. So, I started asking for the specialty cars first. If there was a “market adjustment”, I still test drove the car I was looking at but always bought it at another dealer then drove it to the market adjustment dealers to show them my car. For example, I couldnt decide between the Mustang GT and the challenger or charger. So I went to Sheehy Ford here in Maryland. They had a Cobra and a GT350 that had a market adjustment of 20k, so I drove the GT and then bid them a good day. Went to Chriswell dodge and they oddly kept trying to steer me to a custom build from the factory instead of the huge inventory they had on their lot. Even though I expressed interest in the model they had right there on the showroom floor. Then they made the mistake of telling me about the ordering process saying, “well you will pay MSRP then................”. I heard nothing but Charlie Browns teacher after that since I will never pay MSRP for any vehicle and never have. I took his card and left. Then bought a Challenger 50th from DarCar and had the distinct pleasure of letting the previous dealers and more online dealers why I didnt buy from them. That’s the best part lol. Snakes.....All of them.

Anyways. Thought I would bring the subject up. Take care.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
I buy used to save the most coin, yes its a risk. Never had money down or credit to lease.

Yes, dealers suck around here, puss warrenty. never man up on the second key THEY owe u, Just hide money in the deal. Next time will fly down and see if STEVE WHITE is and different the all the years getting screw over by dealers

Being military retired Chevy gives my a better price then whats on the lot. We get X plan on Fords least desirable lines of cars. no Broncos, Mustangs or Raptors. Ford hates Military !!

Looking at new TRX or AT4 Chevy in the future.................

·
Premium Member
2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scatpack Widebody
68 Posts
If the dealership owns the car and they aren’t in violation of any regulations, they should be able to ask any price they like. That wouldn’t help me because I wouldn’t likely be able afford what they’re asking but I still don’t think a dealership should be horse tied as long as they’re transparent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the dealership owns the car and they aren’t in violation of any regulations, they should be able to ask any price they like. That wouldn’t help me because I wouldn’t likely be able afford what they’re asking but I still don’t think a dealership should be horse tied as long as they’re transparent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree I think they should be horse tied why should the consumer have to pay more than what the manufacturer sells the vehicle for all because dealers pay off our politicians to monopolize the industry this is why Tesla will not have dealerships and I hope one day the rest of the manufacturer's follow suit as I'm sure they would love to do!

·
Registered
5 Posts
missing the point you can't price gouge with a Tesla and I'm sure there are people willing to pay top dollar when the newest and greatest comes out. There is no middle man like we have to deal with here on challengers and other vehicles that was the point I was making. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to order our cars direct from the manufacturer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts