Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Circa 2008 at a Hemi Owners Meet in Vermont, slant 6 challenger convertible.
Interesting - and it was spec'd with a console - that helps. I was expecting to see a column shifter, which was std. unless optioned for console / floor shifter.

Great color combo (red interior was only on '70), but Slant 6...cant you say slooooow...?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I think the guy was from NY and has owned it a very long time. I recall seeing the car in the mid-80's.

It is a very nice cruiser, but somehow I dont think he uses it too much. I have no idea if he restored it 100% original or said, hey I can do a few period correct things like adding the console.

If it was mine, I would of put something larger in it.

Maybe someday, the next redo , maybe we get a convertible at some point, my wife would love that.

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Well, I think the guy was from NY and has owned it a very long time. I recall seeing the car in the mid-80's.

It is a very nice cruiser, but somehow I dont think he uses it too much. I have no idea if he restored it 100% original or said, hey I can do a few period correct things like adding the console.

If it was mine, I would of put something larger in it.

Maybe someday, the next redo , maybe we get a convertible at some point, my wife would love that.
It would be a bit of work to changed from column to console, since there's different steering columns - it always looks funny to see the remnants of a column shift car that wasn't fully converted as a console shift would have from the factory.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts