Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm preparing to buy my first Challenger and I'm close to closing a deal. A local Dodge dealership has a 2012 fully loaded SRT8 Yellow Jacket with an automatic, MSRP = 52,645, new, never titled. I've got the dealer down to $34,000. I plan to trade my 2008 Jeep Wrangler in for it for about 14,000 so I'll be financing $24,000. Brining in my own finance as well so all I have to do is focus on the negotiated price and the trade in value.

I plan to keep it long term so I'm not to concerned with depreciation, to a point of course. I'm hoping to get some input on what you all thought of this deal. I did my research but perhaps I maybe missing something. Thoughts?

and thanks.....

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Seems like a good deal.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Yellow Jacket SRT8? i think that a very good deal. Is Yellow your color of choice? Good luck!! post pics when you bring home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yellow Jacket SRT8? i think that a very good deal. Is Yellow your color of choice? Good luck!! post pics when you bring home.
Thanks for the feed back, if it works out I will post a lot of pictures. I normally go for black, but the yellow looks good on the Challenger so for me yellow is fine for this car.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
What I want to know is, will you come with me next time I go to get a car?? How did you talk them down fron 52 to 34? Thats a greta deal I would jump on it fast! Considering I just paid 48 for mine....I would pay you $1000n cash just to negotiate for me lol

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
What I want to know is, will you come with me next time I go to get a car?? How did you talk them down fron 52 to 34? Thats a greta deal I would jump on it fast! Considering I just paid 48 for mine....I would pay you $1000n cash just to negotiate for me lol
The dealer has been paying on that car for at least 14- 16 months as a 2012, the longer he has it on his lot he is paying for it, he probaly needs to cut his losses.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
Lots of dealers got stuck with yellow jackets. Yellow is the most difficult color to sell. When I did an inventory search last spring there where 5 within a hundred miles of Detroit.
Your dealer is done trying to make money on that particular car and is willing to take a loss to get it gone.
His loss is your gain, it's a phenomenal deal for you! Jump on it.;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer has been paying on that car for at least 14- 16 months as a 2012, the longer he has it on his lot he is paying for it, he probaly needs to cut his losses.
I'm thinking it's either or, as 1970FJ6T/A said, the dealer may need to cut his losses or, the dealer is blowing smoke....and I'll find out when I get there. I'll be prepared and hopefully it works out. If not, on to the next dealer.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
MAn I hope it works out for you. I wish now I would have looked for a yellow jacket myself. But like they say, once you go black..,, you stay at the car wash :)

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
That sounds like a great deal - the YJ SRT8 has the unique graphics, wheels and seat trims that haven't appeared on any other models as they appeared on the YJ...

And you're getting it for the price of a lightly equipped (new) R/T Plus that would have auto, radio upgrade.

·
Registered
386 Posts
SRT8 for $34K new? 30% off? That's the best price I've ever heard I think. I bought a 2007 Buick Lucerne loaded with 8 miles on it in the end of 2008 when the 2009's were showing up. It was $33K sticker and I paid $23K. Northstar V8 and column shift. No one wanted it. 30% off? Sold.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not bad for comparison I just bought my 2012 used for 36K with 11000 miles on it but I did get my color (black) and was looking for it for 4 months so I would jump on it good luck even though its yellow its still an SRT8

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The question is r u getting a good deal on ur trade. They will come down a bunch if they can make it back on the trade. I just bought a 12 in Sept for $39 with a bike trade and i got a good deal on both ends.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That's a great deal IMO, wouldn't miss it if I was you.
Hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Get it! I'd call that a smokin' deal!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The question is r u getting a good deal on ur trade. They will come down a bunch if they can make it back on the trade. I just bought a 12 in Sept for $39 with a bike trade and i got a good deal on both ends.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks everyone, I'll post updates good or bad. Either way, I'm getting an SRT8 Challenger soon I just need to make the numbers work or get a good divorce lawyer. LOL!
Regarding the trade, KBB Trade In Value for a very good condition 08 Jeep Wrangler X with 67000 miles is $15,158 in Excellent condition $15,458.
NADA trade in value in Good condition 14,700 in Excellent condition $15,700 Realistically based on the condition of my Jeep I'm asking for $15,000. I'll take $14,500 if he gives me a lifetime warranty or free oil changes. Anything below $14,500 without incentives and I'll walk.
If I have a perfect transaction, the final cost of the car will be $21k after the trade (helpful on taxes). This includes me handing him a 21K Capitol One blank check and the title to the jeep. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wish you luck. Sounds like a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
We'll you might have to look into the divorce lawyer. Once you buy the car, and the moding addiction sets in, it might be court time lol. I know I've been getting in the dog house much more often since my purchase....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts