Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read a few threads, and probably missed it, but has anyone deleted the mufflers and replaced the reso's with...say....flowmasters or magnaflows?...I've seen people replaces the reso's with mufflers, but they never said if they removed the stock mufflers as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I replaced the resonators with Blastin Bobs MF49ce magnaflows. I just wanted it a little louder and it worked out nice. My car is a 13 6spd with the small bottle mufflers ahead of the rear axle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hemiram, I have a 2013 R/T 6-speed also. I've pretty much made up my mind to go with the blastin bobs setup, but undecided on MF49CE or the glasspack versions. How do you like your setup? To quiet? Does it seem louder after break in period? Thanks for any advice!! I got make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I had the factory resonators on my 2012 300 SRT replaced with Magnaflow mufflers: it gave the car a louder growl under hard acceleration without changing the quiet cabin or changing the sound otherwise.

It was the perfect setup for that type of car.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
So I've read a few threads, and probably missed it, but has anyone deleted the mufflers and replaced the reso's with...say....flowmasters or magnaflows?...I've seen people replaces the reso's with mufflers, but they never said if they removed the stock mufflers as well.
I had custom stainless catbacks done with Flomaster Super 44s and reso delete, pretty "LOUD" but I love them, not to mention better breathing!

·
Registered
583 Posts
something different

I went the easy route in my decsion - I installed Electronic exhaust cutoffs. So, with a touch of a button I can go from quiet to full on LOUD, or anywhere in-btween. Had them for about 2 weeks now, no regrets, and a lot of smiles!

·
Registered
17 Posts
For anyone considering the Blastin Bobs Reso delete option, I have a pair for sale.

MFCE 2009-2013 Challenger 5.7L Magnaflow 2 1/2" perf. core. glasspack resonated.

Had them on the car for just 3000 miles. They sound great! Nice burble at idle,

awesome under acceleration, although some cabin drone near 2K.

Using my tax refund for a set of Zoomers.

PM me if interested.

Thanks,
Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts