Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a bigger throttle body, certain makes work better than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Get a true bore throttle body not a cross section ported style one.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Get a true bore throttle body not a cross section ported style one.
Best advise you will get. Ported TBs that keep the 80mm throttle blade gain little or no flow improvement.

You don't say which engine you have, so: 5.7, unless blown or otherwise modified, don't waste your money. 6.1 it may help. 392/6.4, should help. But, only if you port the intake inlet for the larger TB.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Speedlogix 84mm ported throttle body on my SRT Challenger, I'm very happy with it. We also carry a handful of other brands too. What are your plans for your Challenger ?

Speedlogix 84mm Ported Throttle Body 2013-2018 HEMI

- Alexis

I have a 3.6 challenger I’m trying to make it something it isn’t I have an exhaust and a cold air intake I was looking into a diablo tune and a larger throttle body

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best advise you will get. Ported TBs that keep the 80mm throttle blade gain little or no flow improvement.

You don't say which engine you have, so: 5.7, unless blown or otherwise modified, don't waste your money. 6.1 it may help. 392/6.4, should help. But, only if you port the intake inlet for the larger TB.

I have a 3.6 if you could give me the best recommendation I would appreciate it

·
Registered
538 Posts
Check out Tidal Wave or Ripp superchargers.
IMO, very little else you can do will make a big enough difference to matter.
An upgrade to a vehicle with more power may be a better idea.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I have a 3.6 challenger I’m trying to make it something it isn’t I have an exhaust and a cold air intake I was looking into a diablo tune and a larger throttle body

I have a Fastman throttle body on my 3.6. I would advise not going to a larger throttle body unless you drastically change things with the engine. Meaning, turbo charge or super charge it. A Diablo tune isn't enough reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a Fastman throttle body on my 3.6. I would advise not going to a larger throttle body unless you drastically change things with the engine. Meaning, turbo charge or super charge it. A Diablo tune isn't enough reason.

Why is that? I was eventually planning on supercharging so I was gonna have diablo tuner bigger throttle body and super charge, but just for now you don’t think a larger throttle body and a tune would do much?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out Tidal Wave or Ripp superchargers.
IMO, very little else you can do will make a big enough difference to matter.
An upgrade to a vehicle with more power may be a better idea.

You don’t think a larger throttle body and a tune where I can set my shift points and top end would make a difference?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Again, IMO, TB, no. Until blown, No, not enough to justify the cost.
The 3.6 is a highly sophisticated engine. Any changes would make very minor improvements if any.

I'll quote a guy: "I’m trying to make it something it isn’t".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Again, IMO, TB, no. Until blown, No, not enough to justify the cost.
The 3.6 is a highly sophisticated engine. Any changes would make very minor improvements if any.

I'll quote a guy: "I’m trying to make it something it isn’t".

That is true however I’ve beaten RTs with just the intake and exhaust mods alone I’m just curious as to how much horsepower I’d be gaining with the throttle body and tune even if the price doesn’t justify how much HP I’d be gaining i

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is true however I’ve beaten RTs with just the intake and exhaust mods alone I’m just curious as to how much horsepower I’d be gaining with the throttle body and tune even if the price doesn’t justify how much HP I’d be gaining i

OK, go for it and prove me wrong.
Let us all know the results.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, go for it and prove me wrong.
Let us all know the results.

I’m not trying to prove anyone wrong I’m just asking questions to get the best advice so I can make a final decision so for now just to gain some horsepower before any forced induction mods what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,680 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts