Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I have installed the U7135 93 Octane performance tune and was wondering what setting folks use for the Throttle Boost function? I was thinking positive 12.5. I guess feature adds punch and removes some lag?It seems to go up to 20 as an option.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
504 Posts
I initially went 10 and I'm now at 20% and like it without issue

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,348 Posts
I set mine for 15 and it seems to work pretty good. Although I haven't tried any other settings yet so I don't have anything to compare it to. I plan on trying some other settings when I get the chance.

·
Registered
630 Posts
15 must be the magic number. I randomly picked it for starters. Works great. At some point, I'll probably try 20. Just haven't had time to try it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,

I want to thank all of you for your feedback. The best thing about this forum are all the great people and experience! I loaded the U7135 93 Octane Performance Tune a week back, and was a bit disappointed in the lack of significant gains...in feel. Then folks suggested I pull the #2 fuse and wow what a wake up for the car and tune! Then I adjusted the Throttle boost feature to 15 and wow, B-E-A-S-T! SRT8 Auto trans.

thanks!
J

·
Registered
160 Posts
does the throttle boost work for six speed cars? Where is it. I have the 93 octane tune and would like more throttle responce.

thanks
Jack

·
Registered
157 Posts
does the throttle boost work for six speed cars? Where is it. I have the 93 octane tune and would like more throttle responce.

thanks
Jack
I have it in my six speed, started at 10% and have it at 20% now. I don't think it is as big a deal in the manual as the auto, but it did crispen things up. You have to have the 9r28 or 9r29 updates to access it, and you find it under the modify tune menu after you have a canned tune loaded.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have it in my six speed, started at 10% and have it at 20% now. I don't think it is as big a deal in the manual as the auto, but it did crispen things up. You have to have the 9r28 or 9r29 updates to access it, and you find it under the modify tune menu after you have a canned tune loaded.

I have the 9r28 and I can not find it under the modify tune menu?

Jack

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the 9r28 and I can not find it under the modify tune menu?

Jack
It isn't called "throttle boost" in the menu, it's under the heading "throttle". When you access that option the slide bar on the next page is named "boost" with a % bar that you can add or decrease from stock. I have the 9r28 crom and it's in there on mine...

·
Registered
160 Posts
It isn't called "throttle boost" in the menu, it's under the heading "throttle". When you access that option the slide bar on the next page is named "boost" with a % bar that you can add or decrease from stock. I have the 9r28 crom and it's in there on mine...
I don't think I have ever seen anything saying "Throttle" on the menu. I will look again.

thanks
Jack

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen anything saying "Throttle" on the menu. I will look again.

thanks
Jack
Some people with 6-speed manuals and 9r28 Crom's weren't getting "Throttle Boost" to show up; this issue was said to be fixed in the 9r29 Crom that was just released.

I jacked mine to 20% and it's the best thing i've ever done to this car! It feels like a MONSTER now compared to how sluggish it was before (where it would only get up and GO if you MASHED the gas)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I jacked mine to 20% and it's the best thing i've ever done to this car! It feels like a MONSTER now compared to how sluggish it was before (where it would only get up and GO if you MASHED the gas)[/QUOTE said:
Do you notice a momentary increase in engine RPM when pressing the clutch pedal? I had noticed that when it was set at 20% my shifts seems bad, my timing was off. I couldn't get a nice clean smooth shift, it was like I was pushing the clutch in before decreasing throttle input. After playing around a little I discovered that when the engine was under load (clutch engaged) but not accelerating and then the clutch disengaged (pedal depressed) the RPMs would increase about 500 - 750 RPM without any additional throttle input. When the boost level was returned to 0% the symptom was gone. Have you or anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree that it doesn't seem to make a big difference in six speeds. I download 9r29 on my srt8 six speed and put 10% throttle boost and i didn't feel any difference. I will boost it up to 20% and see what happens then.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I agree that it doesn't seem to make a big difference in six speeds. I download 9r29 on my srt8 six speed and put 10% throttle boost and i didn't feel any difference. I will boost it up to 20% and see what happens then.
I would think in the six speeds you wouldn't feel much of a difference because you're preloading the pedal already when shifting into gear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellow Members, I have a 2008 6.1 Auto with the 93 CAI Predator Tune (U7135). I've been through all sections of the options on the Predator and there is nothing for throttle boost. The only thing on mine is for WOT. If this is the same thing the question is did you plus up for all the WOTs?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Fellow Members, I have a 2008 6.1 Auto with the 93 CAI Predator Tune (U7135). I've been through all sections of the options on the Predator and there is nothing for throttle boost. The only thing on mine is for WOT. If this is the same thing the question is did you plus up for all the WOTs?
dave, do you have the most recent CROM update from Diablosport? if you haven't updated it in awhile, you won't have it. the throttle boost came out a few months ago.

i keep mine around 15% as well....definitely the most noticeable setting so far. i'm not mad enough to try ludicrous speed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
#2 fuse???

All,

I want to thank all of you for your feedback. The best thing about this forum are all the great people and experience! I loaded the U7135 93 Octane Performance Tune a week back, and was a bit disappointed in the lack of significant gains...in feel. Then folks suggested I pull the #2 fuse and wow what a wake up for the car and tune! Then I adjusted the Throttle boost feature to 15 and wow, B-E-A-S-T! SRT8 Auto trans.

thanks!
J
What do you mean by "pull the #2 fuse"??? i am curious because i just ordered the predator and i want to wake my car up as much as possible. It is a 2010 srt8 6-speed.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AFTER LOADING TUNE AND MAKING SURE CAR STARTS AND RUNS PROPERLY WITH NEW TUNE...SHUT CAR OFF. OPEN HOOD AND LOCATE FUSE BOX, POP OPEN THE COVER AND LOOK AT DIAGRAM TO FIND FUSE LABELED #2. sIMPLY REMOVE THIS FUSE WITH NEEDLE NOSE PLIARS OR FUSE PULLER. LEAVE FUSE OUT FOR 8-10 MINUTES AND THEN REPLACE BACK IN. START THE CAR AND ENJOY. THIS RESET THE PCM-ECM TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND WILL HELP THE CAR RELARN ALL THE NEW SETTINGS YOU JUST MADE WITH THE TUNE AND PROVIDE MORE POWER THAN NOT DOING. THAT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE. IN FACT OTHERS PULL AND REPLACE THIS FUSE EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Throttle Boost Funtion-is it worth doing?

Hi,

I have a stock 2010 srt8. I have the predator and have tried the 91 octane tune an drive ability was slightly improved. Are you folks running stock srt 8's with this 93 tune? If not, are there any necessary mods needed when adjusting throttle boost? What kind of results can I expect ?

Rich

1 - 20 of 26 Posts