Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anybody experienced a throttle problem with his SRT8?
My SRT8 just keeps accelerating itself once the pedal is pushed a little too fast down. once the Pedal was pressed,it didn't wanna stop accelerating even when the brakes were applied<<<<

Joe

·
Super Moderator
15,059 Posts
If you get this symptom again, you can shut igntion down (push button start method) by holding the start button in for two seconds and engine will shut down.

I believe the throttle should shut off if brakes are applied while throttle is help open and in motion...I'm going to try this out at lunchtime since I drove my R/T to work today.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but then again, it happened to my in the city with lots of traffic (cars and pedestrians) and if this thing (symptom) happens you usually dont think to shut down the engine right away. As a matter of fact, i applied the brakes but the car kept pushing forward because of the automatic self-employed accelerating of the throttle unit! I was lucky there were no people standing in my accelerating stopping distance. Of course it could have been a solution to press the start button, but then again, if the situation occurs, you just always not act as supposed to act.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Computer Problem

Our Cars are programmed for brake override so you should never have that problem. You should take it into the dealer to have that problem taken care of

Did anybody experienced a throttle problem with his SRT8?
My SRT8 just keeps accelerating itself once i pushed the pedal a little too hard down. Or it stays locked.

>>>>>Just crashed my SRT8 yesterday because the throttle, once pressed,didn't wanna stop accelerating even when i pressed the brakes.<<<<

I experienced it before but i didnt really took it seriously.
Please, if anybody experienced a similar situation:
>> throttle pedal once pressed down, it just kept accelerating by itself even I took my foot of the pedal!!!
Please let me know, because it is a verrrry very important issue!

Joe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not to be an ass because it sounds like a serious issue BUT.. in a city "with lots of traffic (cars and pedestrians)" what are you doing mashing the pedal to the floor to begin with?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.... you didn't understand, i didnt pressed the pedal to the metal, just normal driving with normal accelerating to 35mph. ..... no mashing the pedal!!! But thanks for your creative feedback!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts