Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting on my 21' Scat. But wondering. Does the throttle response settings change (quicken) when entering Sport or Track modes. If so, is it similar to the Pedal Commander?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
Yep, on know on my 392 it changes a bit. If I am in sport mode (not very often) and I forget, when I pull out from a stop (especially when turning) and trying to be quick I'll chirp a wheel unintentionally. That is one of the hardest things about driving my Scat Pack. Pulling out quickly, but without snapping them loose. The very last turn off a main road to my house is at a small traffic light with a gas station. There is ALWAYS a state police car there filling up, and I go and bark off a back wheel in a "HEY, LOOK OVER HERE, PURPLE CHALLENGER ALERT!!!" when the opposite car gives me the wave to make my left turn on green before he goes. (Is this really a Pittsburgh thing?)

EDIT: To me it changes so much, I can't understand ever wanting a pedal commander. Maybe with a manual. I couldn't stand trying to feather the clutch while a computer was feathering the gas at its own pace.
Sport mode shifts, especially short shifting the A8 are the best. That "braaaap" it does sounds better than anything I have ever owned.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, on know on my 392 it changes a bit. If I am in sport mode (not very often) and I forget, when I pull out from a stop (especially when turning) and trying to be quick I'll chirp a wheel unintentionally. That is one of the hardest things about driving my Scat Pack. Pulling out quickly, but without snapping them loose. The very last turn off a main road to my house is at a small traffic light with a gas station. There is ALWAYS a state police car there filling up, and I go and bark off a back wheel in a "HEY, LOOK OVER HERE, PURPLE CHALLENGER ALERT!!!" when the opposite car gives me the wave to make my left turn on green before he goes. (Is this really a Pittsburgh thing?)

EDIT: To me it changes so much, I can't understand ever wanting a pedal commander. Maybe with a manual. I couldn't stand trying to feather the clutch while a computer was feathering the gas at its own pace.
Sport mode shifts, especially short shifting the A8 are the best. That "braaaap" it does sounds better than anything I have ever owned.
Just what I wanted to know. Thanks. Mine is an M6. But if the car does it for you in Sport or Track mode, who needs a pedal commander?

Reactions: Jeffroeson

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
All comments above are acknowledged and correct.

Now, if anybody has anything bad to say about this..............fuse pull on #29 & 31, add your two cents also. I've done this multiple times. It will reset your TM and EM back to factory settings, eliminating the "adaptive" settings it's learned on your driving habits.

Gone are any slow throttle and shifts the ECM has logged based on your driving performance. I do this periodically based on when I think it's time to reset.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Just what I wanted to know. Thanks. Mine is an M6. But if the car does it for you in Sport or Track mode, who needs a pedal commander?
there's some people (using Pedal Commander) turn up the response so much its a very aggressive, almost jerky throttle.

a few times, I've had people with A8 cars that I'll work on something and go to drive the car on my lift, and its like crap! the throttle is very abrupt

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there's some people (using Pedal Commander) turn up the response so much its a very aggressive, almost jerky throttle.

a few times, I've had people with A8 cars that I'll work on something and go to drive the car on my lift, and its like crap! the throttle is very abrupt
Yeah, I'm sure it has it's place but wouldn't want it all the time. I am sure I'll be happy with the modes Dodge has made available to me. When I get my car!! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts