Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear people talking about adding a throttle response control button to give the car less of a delay when you hit the gas. So isnt this the same as turning on you sport mode button?
Also can you drive your car in the sport mode consistently or will it harm the motor?

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
If you want better throttle response take a look at Pedal Commander it’s about $300.00
15 minute install. Does not add ant HP .I put one on back in December in my RT plus 2015 love it big difference
I drive in sport mode all the time no issues 38000 miles
Look on here sometimes you can pick one up use from a member
Look on YouTube PC for Challenger

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't understand the point of pedal commander. Why? You can re calibrate your throttle sensitivity whenever you want. I know there is a procedure for it for my 07, so I am sure that it exists for these newer MOPARs.

OP I don't know what car you have otherwise I'd look for one. Check google for a throttle remapping or re-calibration procedure. With my Charger it was something like rotate the key back and forth between ACC and OFF three times, wait for idiot lights to go out, and then slowly depress throttle all of the way down and back up again, trying to do it linearly such that it remapped throttle position linearly throughout the pedal travel. This was done so that when you pressed the pedal, there wasn't a "dead spot" in the pedal upon initial depression.

Yes it worked and made a difference, every time. Want your car to feel alive? Clean your air filter, IAT sensor, throttle body, remap your throttle and reset your adaptives. Time for a drive!

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
For me the PC was the answer very simple, there are 8 settings
From Ecom to track

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But isnt the Pedal Commander the same thing as turning on your sport mode thats already on your car.?

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
No I drive In sport mode all the time even before I bought PC
When I installed PC it made huge difference, then after about 2 week I turn it off
At first I thought there was something wrong with my car , if felt sluggish
Turn on PC that was it , never have turn off since
There are a few in our Mopar club that have it also HC and 2Scat s
Check it out on YouTube
You can also Bluetooth it from your phone
C7BF0CD1-D1EC-40B6-9DAE-25F0F37586A9.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
landoawd
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing