Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently started going to the track and for some reason when I get on the gas at the light my hellcat RPM’s kick up and the car essentially dies then picks back up and takes off. I’m genuinely confused about what’s happening and wanted to know if I could get some help. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
590 Posts
I just recently started going to the track and for some reason when I get on the gas at the light my hellcat RPM’s kick up and the car essentially dies then picks back up and takes off. I’m genuinely confused about what’s happening and wanted to know if I could get some help. Thanks in advance.
Can you provide any more details?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
Sounds like Fuel Pump is trying to take a crap on ya... Check Filters, and get a Pressure Check on Fuel Pressure bet the Pump is about to fully go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you provide any more details?
No problem. So when I’m at the light I put the car in first and I rev in between 2000 and 2200 RPM’s when the light turns green I dump the clutch and floor the gas. The rpm’s jump all the way up and then suddenly drops all the way back to under 1000 rpm’s and the car almost stalls out then picks back up and takes off.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
If its almost stalling sounds like a Fuel Pump, unless your getting massive revs and the rev limiter is kickin it down but wouldn't stall it so check the Fuel Pump Pressure

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,205 Posts
No problem. So when I’m at the light I put the car in first and I rev in between 2000 and 2200 RPM’s when the light turns green I dump the clutch and floor the gas. The rpm’s jump all the way up and then suddenly drops all the way back to under 1000 rpm’s and the car almost stalls out then picks back up and takes off.
Reads like the engine could be hitting the rev limiter. The engine feels like it stalls -- due to the fuel being cut off when the rev limiter kicks in.

Also, be sure the fuel tank is not too low. My Hellcat ran out of gas while taking a rather high g turn when leaving the freeway with the fuel tank level in the 1/4 level region.

If you can arrange a hard acceleration up through the gears sans the initial tires breaking loose if the engine cuts out fails to pull right that can be due to a failed fuel pump.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,787 Posts
Welcome to the foum. Is the tune stock? Are you using launch control? Also what octane you running? And lastly do you still have the clutch delay valve installed...if so it will cause the clutch to slip to the point you that you might hit the rev limiter and when the clutch finally grabs you get the double wammy of increased load just when the engine recovers from the rev limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts