Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so lately over at Diablosport's forums tons of people had been complaining about the deadness of their throttle, blaming electronic throttle systems etc. I've most driven electronic in my life so i didn't have much of a complaint myself.

Diablo had been editing your last written tune for people on their forums to increase throttle sensitivity, much like the product sprint booster does in real time. I believe they are adding this feature for future tool updates, but for now if you have a predator and want a more sensitive throttle head over to their forums post your tune and ask for more sensitive throttle. I just did last night, loaded it today on my lunch break and went for a short drive. The little bit of hesitation/dead spot when you first press the throttle is gone. It's very impressive.

Makes the car feel fast from the get go. I highly recommend it to anyone with a predator.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do they do this free of charge?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Consider that the 50-100% range is probably representative of how you you think the throttle should work naturally. Don't even bother with 0-50%, unless you are loafing about.

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
solution for throttle response

I have the 93oct tune from diablo and still had some lag so I did a little lookin around and found if you just switch to a 77mm Throttle body you will have alot more pull through out the power band.Try it you will like it.Worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I have always complained about the "dead spot" in the throttle on my SE. I am a caveman when it comes to stuff like the Predator, would someone like me be able to get any use out of one. I know people that have them and say nothing but good things but I can't even work my camera, let alone something like this. Should I look into getting one to help with hesitation and that dredded take off dead spot in the throttle. How are they with caveman question customer support? Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Get a DCX Depot Email tune from Tim. I have a 2008 Charger Super Bee and the tune he sent me really livened up the response.

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
caveman

When I put the diablo pred. on my SE I was worried that I would screw somthing up so I followed this forum and got alot of my questions answered here.Make sure you buy the power adapter and the usb cord because you will have to update before the install.I say the three biggest improvements where the predator tune,77mm throttle body and dual exhaust.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the 93oct tune from diablo and still had some lag so I did a little lookin around and found if you just switch to a 77mm Throttle body you will have alot more pull through out the power band.Try it you will like it.Worth every penny.
I thought the largest TB for the SE was ported 71mm? Where can i get a 77mm for a 3.5L Engine?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I have always complained about the "dead spot" in the throttle on my SE. I am a caveman when it comes to stuff like the Predator, would someone like me be able to get any use out of one. I know people that have them and say nothing but good things but I can't even work my camera, let alone something like this. Should I look into getting one to help with hesitation and that dredded take off dead spot in the throttle. How are they with caveman question customer support? Thanks!
If you find yourself in H-town, Hesser, I'd be happy to help you with it. It's a lot easier than you might think. Or, you can pm me and can call my number if you decide to get one and I'll walk you through it. Really simple.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
If you find yourself in H-town, Hesser, I'd be happy to help you with it. It's a lot easier than you might think. Or, you can pm me and can call my number if you decide to get one and I'll walk you through it. Really simple.

HemiSam
Thanks Sam, that makes my decision much easier. My question is still out there though, do I need one? I would like to get better performance from a stop and wouldn't even mind being able to "bark the tires" from a start if I wanted.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks Sam, that makes my decision much easier. My question is still out there though, do I need one? I would like to get better performance from a stop and wouldn't even mind being able to "bark the tires" from a start if I wanted.

Crater got the throttle sensitivity adjustment to his custom tune. I submitted my custom tune to Diablosport. Haven't got the adjusted tune yet but I am hoping it will fix the dead spot in the throttle off the line. I would recommend the Predator for 3 reasons: 1 the auto upshift disable makes the autostick transmission more like a manual. 2 I use the 91 octane tune and it does give a decent boost in power. 3 If you need to reset the check engine light the Predator can give you the code and reset the light if problem isn't terminal. Also the Predator is idiot proof, you don't have to worry about screwing anything up as long as you follow directions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea!

I thought the largest TB for the SE was ported 71mm? Where can i get a 77mm for a 3.5L Engine?
Me too? where can we find the 77mm TB? any difference between the two (71&77)?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts