Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright All,
Tax return is in and Betty needs some new shoes. I'm wanting to do some old school muscle looking rims and like the looks of some American Racing rims, but am torn between the Thrust M, Thrust II and VN425 (which you can customize). I have a 14 SRT8 that is black. I like the look of the 'gunmetal' grey rather than chrome or full black. I'm also wanting to run a staggered setup - 8.5" in the front with 245's and 10" in the back with something between 275-315. I know there are issues with the backspacing and 4-piston Brembo breaks, and don't want to have the rim/tire sticking way out from the wheel well.

Is anyone running a similar setup?
Has anyone customized the VN425? Do you have pictures or pricing?
Any advice on the backspacing or model would be great!
Any other options/brands I should check out? (I like the Boss 338, but it looks like the backspacing on the 10" sticks way out)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
I think the thrust II looks more muscle....the thrust M looks like the mopar classic II.

I would rank them as:

1st place - Thrust II
2nd place - Thrust M
3rd place - VN425

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am hoping to run the same set up on my Challenger as, even posted a similar question the other day. The Thrust M are what I am going with. That being said I have read that on a 20in rim, for 295’s the Thrust M needs the 30mm offset.

What I have been trying to figure out is which offset for the 18in rim. I am thinking the 24 with a 6mm spacer. I want to run some tires with some taller sidewalks for a beefier look and a little rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with you on that, I think the 18" rims would look good, but don't know if the style I like will clear the Brimbos.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Alright All,
Tax return is in and Betty needs some new shoes. I'm wanting to do some old school muscle looking rims and like the looks of some American Racing rims, but am torn between the Thrust M, Thrust II and VN425 (which you can customize). I have a 14 SRT8 that is black. I like the look of the 'gunmetal' grey rather than chrome or full black. I'm also wanting to run a staggered setup - 8.5" in the front with 245's and 10" in the back with something between 275-315. I know there are issues with the backspacing and 4-piston Brimbo breaks, and don't want to have the rim/tire sticking way out from the wheel well.

Is anyone running a similar setup?
Has anyone customized the VN425? Do you have pictures or pricing?
Any advice on the backspacing or model would be great!
Any other options/brands I should check out? (I like the Boss 338, but it looks like the backspacing on the 10" sticks way out)

Thanks!
Not very familiar with these wheels but took a quick look at the specs.
First off, as you probably already know, the bore diameters are different, requiring hub centric rings.
They don't appear to include offset info on all three wheels. Must assume if not shown they are custom.
The Thrust M appears to be 18mm which should okay for the inboard side since your existing are likely 25.5mm offset. But you'd have to look more closely as to how much, if any, they would stick out from the fenders. Also, you'd have to check with the manufacturer/supplier or other users, for brake clearance.(Back spacing doesn't tell you clearance to the wheel spokes.)

EDIT: Oh yeah you may want to limit the tire size on 10" rims to about 305 if you want to stay within the recommended range of the mfrs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts