Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was returning home from the store today and pulled along side a 70s Plymouth 440 Cuda' (mint condition). We exchanged giving a thumb up to each other and everyone was checking us out as new and old contrasted against Green and Orange. I slammed my foot down on the gas pedal and blasted away and could see the smile on the guy's face as I looked in my rear view mirror. Made my day - I rarely see another Challenger and to come up next to a pristine 440 Hemi Cuda' was indeed a treat.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I was returning home from the store today and pulled along side a 70s Plymouth 440 Cuda' (mint condition). We exchanged giving a thumb up to each other and everyone was checking us out as new and old contrasted against Green and Orange. I slammed my foot down on the gas pedal and blasted away and could see the smile on the guy's face as I looked in my rear view mirror. Made my day - I rarely see another Challenger and to come up next to a pristine 440 Hemi Cuda' was indeed a treat.
Good deal, but not to burst your bubble, their is no such thing as a 440 Hemi 'Cuda, its either a 'Cuda with a 440 or a 'Cuda with 426(otherwise known as a Hemi 'Cuda). Ya, it is nice to see some around that are in really great shape regardless of what model it is.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it - thank's for the correction. The "paint" on the side identfied it as a 440. The guy was running the original looking tires and the license plate read: 2-3BRLS

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Got it - thank's for the correction. The "paint" on the side identfied it as a 440. The guy was running the original looking tires and the license plate read: 2-3BRLS
Not to correct you again, but I think it probably read 3-2BRLS, unless that plate wasn't available. That plate indicated qty 3-2 barrel carbs, also referred to in that time frame as a "six pack".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts