Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what everyone else is getting for fuel milage. but only getting 25 at most and thats on nys thruway with cruise set at 72. i go 11 miles to work each way and thats the best i can pull off seems really low. for the most part every fill up i average 22-24 combined city/highway.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Lower your speed and your mileage will increase.

·
Registered
507 Posts
25 mpg is good. I only get 25 when I'm lucky. I sit between 23-24. I should've got the R/T based on my cars mileage smh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
3.5L, 70K miles, 87 octane, average 24-25 with 75/25 hwy/city

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess im not that bad just thought it should be higher i run 91 non ethanol and baby her for the most part

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
guess im not that bad just thought it should be higher i run 91 non ethanol and baby her for the most part
If your car does not require 91, you're wasting your money. What does your manual say?

·
Registered
958 Posts
013 3.6, I average around 24 back and forth to work. Did 26 on a recent 400 mile round trip but speeds were 75-85. I have gotten 28 out of it at 65mph on a 75 mile hwy trip.

I run 87. Manual says 87 acceptable 89 preferred. Didn't notice any difference when I tried both.

Fun little car, I enjoy it quite a bit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
2013 3.6L I have experimented with this and I have two ways of going to school( we live in a rural town). I can go through town which involves 3 potential red lights and medium traffic and the speed goes 60 for a mile 35 for a mile 30 for a mile and then 45 for a mile and 55 for the rest of the way until school I get about 24mpg going this way, I reset as soon as I fill up and drove this way until 1/4 a tank. If I fill up and drive the back way to school which is 45 for a mile and 55 for 5 miles and 45 for a mile and 55 for a half a mile with zero red lights and very minor traffic I get 28.5 or 29 mpg depending how quickly I want to go from 45 to 55.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm usually the last one to the parking lot because I park next to a girl in a vw bug who swings open her doors with reckless abandon and a dude whose truck looks like it will fall apart at any moment. So I park last and leave first

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Same as Arvin, 13L/100km. Supercharger ruined my mpg because driving in boost is fun!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,639 Posts
Not sure what everyone else is getting for fuel milage. but only getting 25 at most and thats on nys thruway with cruise set at 72. i go 11 miles to work each way and thats the best i can pull off seems really low. for the most part every fill up i average 22-24 combined city/highway.

Those mpg #s seem a little low...about 10-15% actually, so maybe more than "a little" low. There could be any number of things at work, but let's start with the easy ones.

Have you replaced the OE tires and/or rims?
Wider tires and heavier rims would definitely affect mileage.

Is the gas > 10% ethanol?
These cars will run on anything up to and including e85 (though it's not a good idea to do so), but mileage will suffer as you increase the ethanol percentage.

What's the terrain like?
More hills means less mpg.

What's the weather like?
Lots of wind and high humidity mean less mpg.

Those last two are really nit-picky though. By themselves, I can't imagine they would subtract more than a couple % of mpg, at most.

The only other thing I can think of is your engine is experiencing excessive knock, causing the ECU to pull timing, thereby lowering your effective power output and decreasing mpgs as a result.

If you have a tuner, some datalogging would be an easy way to test that last one. Otherwise, it's really just a guessing game.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Youre kidding. 13L/100 with a supercharger. I need one... lol.
I was getting 11L/100km before the sc in the city. Few years ago I had 6.5L/100km on a road trip but that was doing 110km all day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
havent changed tires or rims have a 12 redline so it has 20" tires and i think the 3.09 rear end, 91 octane no ethanol as far as terrain its a flat stretch on the highway. no tunes or any major mods other than cosmetic and keep it out of sport mode. i have been experimenting this week with driving style and average 25 as of right now. babying it not as fun. just trying to see how others are getting more than 25

1 - 20 of 30 Posts