Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you're sick of hearing about it everywhere, but in light of corona essentially shutting down the US state by state and beating up the market, would it be reasonable at all to think there may be any good deals being offered anytime soon? I've been planning on getting a new Hellcat Charger/Challenger Widebody and figured maybe with no one showing up to dealerships here in a few weeks and the economy taking even more of a hit (hopefully not) that no one is thinking of buying new anytime soon, that it might not be a bad idea to start looking around. Could be a completely stupid thought but I was just curious if anyone had the same notion or knows how this pandemic is effecting the auto industry, thanks for your time and appreciate any replies/advice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
There are also Power Dollars on 2020s until the end of the month (if not extended)

A Guy

·
Registered
333 Posts
My take is that if you can pay cash, yes, you will certainly find deals. But....I would not be assuming any new debt during these uncertain times. This situation will pass, for sure, but none of us know how long it will last.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
probably is due to sales slowing down - buyers that may be in industries impacted by all the slow downs probably may hold off on big purchases

the interest rates have also dropped. So combining with power dollars + slow sales + cheap money
-if you feel secure in making the buy, this is probably the time to act

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
My take is that if you can pay cash, yes, you will certainly find deals. But....I would not be assuming any new debt during these uncertain times. This situation will pass, for sure, but none of us know how long it will last.
Cash hurts your negotiating position, there is no way for them to take it and hide it, the old days are long gone.
My friend owns a multi brand motorcycle dealership and I asked him if he wants cash for my bike, he replied just write me a check as he didn’t want all that cash in the building. the banks question them where it all comes from as large cash is usually dirty money.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
I assumed Klink was referring to paying from money you have rather than financing. Not necessarily paying in cash money

A Guy

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I know you're sick of hearing about it everywhere, but in light of corona essentially shutting down the US state by state and beating up the market, would it be reasonable at all to think there may be any good deals being offered anytime soon? I've been planning on getting a new Hellcat Charger/Challenger Widebody and figured maybe with no one showing up to dealerships here in a few weeks and the economy taking even more of a hit (hopefully not) that no one is thinking of buying new anytime soon, that it might not be a bad idea to start looking around. Could be a completely stupid thought but I was just curious if anyone had the same notion or knows how this pandemic is effecting the auto industry, thanks for your time and appreciate any replies/advice.
Been thinking of buying. Not another car. Buying more stock instead. In fact rather than buying another car have thought about selling my 2018 Hellcat to CarMax to have any more money to invest.

Have some cash not earning any interest and am thinking about putting that in the market. In fact tried to open a broker account the other day with a mutual fund company and couldn't. The site was too busy.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got killed during Y2K because I wanted the kill. And got killed instead. No shame to admit that I lost $60K. (I have not calculated, but I've not gain it back.) My friend got a BMW 3 series for free. I wanted a house. Greed is good...I guess not. I tanked with good stocks such as AOL, Cisco and Amazon which was going into the dumps. Buy on-line???? WTF.

When 2008 rolled around, I learned my lesson to capitalized on the buy low sell high. It was just a sample because Y2K still left a bad taste in my mouth. I was able to 2X my gain and paid of my then car. Net about $5K. It was sure winners like McDonald's and Starbucks.

I have no plan to "capitalized" on what's going on now. Thinking of buying a new house, maybe, so I need to cash on hand. Plus in my old age, less likely to roll on the dice. But I do believe there are gains to be made for those who want to play.

If there's one thing I would leave as a tip is this: Take the gain. Don't go for the kill. Greed is not good.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Cash hurts your negotiating position, there is no way for them to take it and hide it, the old days are long gone.
My friend owns a multi brand motorcycle dealership and I asked him if he wants cash for my bike, he replied just write me a check as he didn’t want all that cash in the building. the banks question them where it all comes from as large cash is usually dirty money.
I agree about cash hurting your negotiating postion, at least potentially. The reason I recommend cash in this instance is to not have to take on debt in these uncertain times. I just don't think that is prudent unless you are exceptionally well positioned financially.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
All these car companies make big money on financing look at GM 00% finance Charges for 84 months.my car i swapped dealer financing 3.59 todedit near [email protected] saved me 1500 in finance charges on 30500 notes

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
With the Power Dollars offers, and dealer discounts, I'm seeing some good deals. There's a Dodge dealer out here with a 2019 Dodge Charger R/T marked down almost $11K. If only my wife felt comfortable enough to do the deal, we'd trade in her low mileage 2015 SXT for it.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
Bramton plant is closed due to the corona virus supplies might be getting slim to none

1 - 12 of 12 Posts