Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Since we are blessed with so many experts on Dyno numbers, Et's, Who is the best Tuner, who is a liar, who is screwing customers, blah blah blah I had a great Idea. Why not take a Chassis (MINE) one thats proven, runs consistant, ect and throw one of these sad, customer screwing, dyno number cooking, POS junk box worthless engines with a Maggie in and see just how slow I can go. Lets hit some Dynos at venues, and run the combo through the heat of the summer. Right now My lying dyno said 512 WHP and 522 Tq on my current setup is worth [email protected]. How low can I go with a 6.1 and the little huffer :)
Should be fun :)
A.J.

5,134 Posts
Subscribed. I want to know how low you can go with a 6.1 and a little huffer.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
So you're going to see how fast you can make a 6.1 + maggie go?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Bring it to ChallengerFest and shut some people up.

·
Banned
804 Posts
You guys have had every opportunity to hit the same track with all of us all across the country and he has to take it to Challengerfest to prove anything? Really?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
So you're going to see how fast you can make a 6.1 + maggie go?
Yea if someone can get one for him, I would love to see what it would do. Better than allot of folks think I would say. I'm getting stuff gathered for my ride, but I'm no pro and my car really isnt set up all that well, plus I run at 4000'

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
You guys have had every opportunity to hit the same track with all of us all across the country and he has to take it to Challengerfest to prove anything? Really?
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have no doubt the combo makes good power. The comment wasn't meant in a sarcastic way. The maggies out there are primarily 6 speeds which is negatively impacting their ETs.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Mine is Auto, and I plan on being the guinea pig. I have a bone stock block, some flowmasters, and a Maggie with a stock pulley. I put down 497, and have since added an Arrington CAI. My Maggie was not installed by Arrington, and AJ, and Josh were both involved with my tune.

12.075 on street tires with a totally new track driver (me, less than 15 passes ever). I say I hit 11.5x on wheels next season. I will show that a stock Maggie (7PSI), can hang right with a stock KB (8lbs)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Great Job. You Will only get faster. Atco the same setup on a chally went 11.79 with 1.8 60 foot making around the same power. Enjoy they are really consistant units. Your in Good hands with Josh .
Thanks
A.J

·
Registered
736 Posts
Great Job. You Will only get faster. Atco the same setup on a chally went 11.79 with 1.8 60 foot making around the same power. ENjoy they are really consistant. Your in Good hands with Josh and Al.
Thanks
A.J
I just fixed that post! It was you, and Josh!!! I mistyped and put Al instead of AJ. I just fixed it. I am the one that was having the boost loss. You worked with Josh a lot on my car. He had it for a month. Then we got the correct (updated) instructions for the install, and you guys figured it out....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just fixed that post! It was you, and Josh!!! I mistyped and put Al instead of AJ. I just fixed it. I am the one that was having the boost loss. You worked with Josh a lot on my car. He had it for a month. Then we got the correct (updated) instructions for the install, and you guys figured it out....

Thought it was you...wasn't sure. Regardless your in Great Hands.
A.J.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Well Since we are blessed with so many experts on Dyno numbers, Et's, Who is the best Tuner, who is a liar, who is screwing customers, blah blah blah I had a great Idea. Why not take a Chassis (MINE) one thats proven, runs consistant, ect and throw one of these sad, customer screwing, dyno number cooking, POS junk box worthless engines with a Maggie in and see just how slow I can go. Lets hit some Dynos at venues, and run the combo through the heat of the summer. Right now My lying dyno said 512 WHP and 522 Tq on my current setup is worth [email protected]. How low can I go with a 6.1 and the little huffer :)
Should be fun :)
A.J.
why don't you just drive jays car and show us what his 550 + rhwp can do.
since you tuned it and your boys build it. your car makes 512 his car makes 550+ so you should be able to drive that one well into the 10's as is.
how muchtime should we deduct for you to shift the gears?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
the fastest maggie goes 11.1 with 10psi on a stock 6.1

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why don't you just drive jays car and show us what his 550 + rhwp can do.
since you tuned it and your boys build it. your car makes 512 his car makes 550+ so you should be able to drive that one well into the 10's as is.
how muchtime should we deduct for you to shift the gears?

Hmm Sorry but thats not what this is about. Im sure we will get to dyno her though. Im looking to compare apples to apples. Surely if My car runs the number with X HP and we dyno at that venue then we strap Jays car down to the same dyno I think that will dispel some of the speculation in the power department. I don't want to shoot another mans weapon Ill use my own :) Besides I have No seat time in a Stick why would I claim that I could do better then Jay or Sam
A.J.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts