Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about two weeks ago, I had my recall timing chain replacement. I haven't driven much or done anything to the car until today, when I went out to install my K&N CAI. I found a small paint chip in engine bay side of the nose cowl, that would have been really hard to happen with the hood down. I noticed it immediately on opening the hood. Any ideas on how to approach the dealer? I'm thinking he's gonna apply the old mantra, deny, deny, deny...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do they remove that for the timing chain repair?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Good luck with getting the dealer to take responsibility. If you had noticed it while still at the dealer when you picked up the car, then maybe...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i figured. Im already looking for high quality chip repair...

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
449 Posts
I know that sucks and its probably not going to get taken care of by dealer but at least its under the hood not that that makes any difference its just a pure lack of respect and professionalism sorry for your bad luck

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RobF, I had seen that. Have you actually used it? Can you post a pic of the result? Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
RobF, I had seen that. Have you actually used it? Can you post a pic of the result? Thanks for the info...
I have not used it personally, Pauly. But I have seen the results on others' cars, and the results can be astonishingly good. It depends on what area of the car you are touching up. I imagine in your case it will be more than sufficient. It just requires a little patience, multiple coats of paint and clearcoat to fill in the level of the paint you are feeling the chip with. The idea is to build it up until it is at a slightly higher level than the surrounding paint, and then using a special chemical included in the kit, rub the area until it is flush with the surrounding paint. A deft hand can produce amazingly good results. If you find that you are having problems, I would stop and take the car into a body shop. Good luck!

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts