Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who had the recall work done to replace their timing chain already....how long did the dealer have your car? Mine has been at the dealers shop for almost 2 weeks and they're telling me its because they're waiting on parts. Wondering if I should start knocking doors down to get my car back or just stay patient. My car's at Browning Dodge in Norco, Ca.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
For those who had the recall work done to replace their timing chain already....how long did the dealer have your car? Mine has been at the dealers shop for almost 2 weeks and they're telling me its because they're waiting on parts. Wondering if I should start knocking doors down to get my car back or just stay patient. My car's at Browning Dodge in Norco, Ca.
Get corporate involved, namely Pietro Gorlier ([email protected]). They've been very helpful and quick to respond so far. It's like a one day job and the dealer should've had the parts before bringing you in so something else is going on.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
2 days, I went in with the idea of getting appointment, the service advisor checked for parts, they had one set and he said 1st come 1st served. They drove me home and picked me up when it was finished. This dealer sells a lot of cars, they had already done two...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Get your car back and head to a different dealer. Mine pulled the same thing with a different warranty issue and it turned out the service manager was just a dick and didn't like me for some reason and was intentionally jerking me around. Go down and get the general manager involved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told today by a different service advisor and parts guy that the timing chain is on back order and they're currently getting 1-2 sets of parts a week. I'm not sure I totally buy it. I'm going to talk to the guy that took my car in tomorrow and try to get my car back until they get my parts in. My car didn't have anything wrong with it anyways. I'm only at about 22k miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told today by a different service advisor and parts guy that the timing chain is on back order and they're currently getting 1-2 sets of parts a week. I'm not sure I totally buy it.

I took my service letter into the dealer today to set up the appointment and he told me the exact same thing, "one set per week". He said they are ordering them on Mondays and putting them in on Thursdays. He even showed me the service order on his desk where they had finished one today.
Sounds like I got there at the right time and I will have mine in next week. He assured me its a 6 hour job and I will have it back same day, which is good cause I live 30 miles away from the dealer and can drop it off while at work...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
+1 on same day return.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was told today that if my parts don't come in tomorrow I can take my car and drop it off when they do come in. Not feeling very confident in that.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
They can only order one kit every 7 days. My dealer ordered my parts and will call when they come in to set up an appointment. There are 4 cars ahead of me. They said I will get the car back the same day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Checked with my dealer on Tuesday . They had the parts on hand. Made an appointment for Thursday. Had the car at dealership at 9 am. Picked car up at 3pm same day. Good to go!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dealer got my parts in last week! Going in on Monday morning for repairs. Hoping for the best! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got home from picking up my car. Good thing I took it in. Not only did they change the timing chain but also the timing tensioner AND they found my thermostat to be bad so they replaced it as well. I noticed my car is just a **** hair louder while in cruise control too but I like how it sounds before it was dead silent and now it has a little purr to it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
I called today, they told me they had to order the kit and could only order 1 a week. She had to call parts dept to order, came back on the phone and said they had 1 in stock. I'm going in tomorrow morning at 8am. they weren't going to give me a rental, but I called Pamela and she called them to ok rental. One person told me 2 days, the next one day. Hopefully everything goes well with no damage. I have 62000 miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Timing Change Recall- Time at Dealer

Got my R/T back same day, however, I called the week prior to verify parts were in stock. Guess what, they weren't! Dealer called me 2 days later saying they received the parts. Dropped her off the following week. Gotta say, San Marcos Dodge, TX was very accommodating.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts