Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just notified from dodge that my 2009 RT will be recalled for a timing chain and all updated parts, replaced at their cost as my warranty has expired. I have been talking to them for a year now and that is why he called me a head of time informing me there will be a recall on certain years.. good news , about time

·
Registered
619 Posts
Are you kidding? Please say your not. Mine is an 2010 auto. Been auto sticking for a year now. Your saying you got a letter from Chrysler?

Did you argue before to get this or what? PLease let us know and keep us up-updated.

I for one would greatly appreciate it.

Dino

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
Customer Satisfaction Notification P01
Engine Timing Chain and Chain Guide
Models
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer used vehicle inventory. Dealers should complete this repair on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also perform this repair on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
Subject
Repair
2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger
(LD) Dodge Charger
(LX) Chrysler 300
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a 5.7L Hemi engine (sales code EZD or EZH), automatic transmission (sales code DGJ) and rear axle ratio 3.06, 3.73 or 3.92 (sales code DMP, DME or DMH) built from August 04, 2008 through July 10, 2012 (MDH 080406 through 071008).
The engine timing chain guide on about 50,800 of the above vehicles may fracture. A fractured engine timing chain guide could cause the engine timing chain to break. A broken engine timing chain will result in severe engine damage.
The engine timing chain, timing chain tensioner and timing chain guide must be replaced.
Customer Satisfaction Notification P01 Engine Timing Chain and Chain Guide Page 2
Part Number Description
CBPRN291AA Engine Timing Chain Package
Each package contains the following components:
Quantity Description
1 Chain, Engine Timing
1 Guide, Engine Timing Chain
1 Tensioner, Engine Timing Chain
1 O-ring, Oil Pick-up Tube
1 Gasket, Engine Timing Cover
NOTE: Order two heater tube O-rings separately listed below for each repair.
Part Number Description
53013736AA O-ring, Heater Tube (order two per vehicle)
Each dealer
to whom vehicles in the recall were assigned will receive enough Engine Timing Chain Packages to service about 5% of those vehicles.
Part

·
Registered
511 Posts
Customer Satisfaction Notification P01
Engine Timing Chain and Chain Guide
Models
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer used vehicle inventory. Dealers should complete this repair on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also perform this repair on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
Subject
Repair
2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger
(LD) Dodge Charger
(LX) Chrysler 300
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a 5.7L Hemi engine (sales code EZD or EZH), automatic transmission (sales code DGJ) and rear axle ratio 3.06, 3.73 or 3.92 (sales code DMP, DME or DMH) built from August 04, 2008 through July 10, 2012 (MDH 080406 through 071008).
The engine timing chain guide on about 50,800 of the above vehicles may fracture. A fractured engine timing chain guide could cause the engine timing chain to break. A broken engine timing chain will result in severe engine damage.
The engine timing chain, timing chain tensioner and timing chain guide must be replaced.
Customer Satisfaction Notification P01 Engine Timing Chain and Chain Guide Page 2
Part Number Description
CBPRN291AA Engine Timing Chain Package
Each package contains the following components:
Quantity Description
1 Chain, Engine Timing
1 Guide, Engine Timing Chain
1 Tensioner, Engine Timing Chain
1 O-ring, Oil Pick-up Tube
1 Gasket, Engine Timing Cover
NOTE: Order two heater tube O-rings separately listed below for each repair.
Part Number Description
53013736AA O-ring, Heater Tube (order two per vehicle)
Each dealer
to whom vehicles in the recall were assigned will receive enough Engine Timing Chain Packages to service about 5% of those vehicles.
Part

Luke, what are your thoughts on replacing the oil control solenoid at the same time??

·
Registered
511 Posts
also the end manufacturing date does not coincide with the information on the timing chain thread. some people thinking they are safe may not be.

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
also the end manufacturing date does not coincide with the information on the timing chain thread. some people thinking they are safe may not be.
dont know about replacing the solenoid, however for example my wifes 2012, fits all the criteria to a t, it isnt recalled
Luke

·
Registered
511 Posts
something else a customer action and a recall are not the same thing
Luke

So, does this mean that the only way to get it done is to know about it? or will Dodge be sending out letters to affected cars owners? or will it be flagged if you bring it in for service?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just spoke to Chrysler, my car falls under this recall, so I called Central Dodge in Norwood and they're telling me that the warehouse hasn't released the parts to them yet.

???

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
i just bought a 2011 auto RT classic. will the original owner get the letter or will i get it?

i am worried that i wont get it if my car is under recall. is there anyway to call and just find out.?
Not sure how often it is updated but Dodge Website has a place you can enter your vin for all recalls.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Not sure how often it is updated but Dodge Website has a place you can enter your vin for all recalls.
Also, the best way to receive notices is probably to register as an owner on the site. They'll have your contact info that way.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts