Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im being told be someone...that I think knows what they are talking about..that I should stay away from 3M window tint. He says there is a place in town, that uses Huper Optik Window tint...and its much better quaility?...Any thoughts out there?

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
There are reviews and comparisons online. I also saw you tube videos describing it as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I personally use LLUMAR tint. Have had it on two vehicles in the hot FL sun for several years, not even a single bubble. As an added bonus, Llumar tint comes with a lifetime warranty, that lets you take your car in for free at any llumar location in the US. I won't be changing any time soon based on my own personal results.

Reactions: EricG

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy crap....just got back from a place here in Houston.$400 for sides and back using that tint...thats alot.

they do have a paint sealant application they offer for $300....mite do that....eliminates the need to wax car for 2 - 3 years

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I've always used 3M tint. Very good quality and quite affordable. Never had any issues with them.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I personally use LLUMAR tint. Have had it on two vehicles in the hot FL sun for several years, not even a single bubble. As an added bonus, Llumar tint comes with a lifetime warranty, that lets you take your car in for free at any llumar location in the US. I won't be changing any time soon based on my own personal results.
I use LLUMAR as well, be sure to spring for the ceramic too over the metallic.

·
Registered
133 Posts
holy crap....just got back from a place here in Houston.$400 for sides and back using that tint...thats alot.

they do have a paint sealant application they offer for $300....mite do that....eliminates the need to wax car for 2 - 3 years
Wow, $400 for tint? that's crazy, I paid $145 to get the wife's town car done, and that was 4 windows, the rear window and the strip on the windshield...

Reactions: stevec3201

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Find another installer who uses it so you know if it's the material or the person.
$145 for all that is dirt cheap, who's film did they use?

·
Registered
320 Posts
They do 3M here for $125 for the basic side and rear windows and the front strip If you get the ceramic I think the quote was about $200.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I had my Challenger's windows tinted last week with the 3M film. They have done 3 of my vehicles now never a problem.

I went with 35% on driver and passenger side glass, 20% on small side windows and rear window. Legal and looks great all for $185.00 + tax.

:guiness:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Find another installer who uses it so you know if it's the material or the person.
$145 for all that is dirt cheap, who's film did they use?
I got the llumar lifetime tint installed on my RT for $165 in Merritt Island FL last year. Excellent product!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have 3M Colorstable put on mine and that has a lifetime warranty and will not color fade. I paid like $250 i think when i had it done. IT is a good quality tint and a lifetime warranty.

Anything below the colorstable line can be subject to fade and not worth the money in my opinion. The ceramic tint they make is thicker and more expensive and not really huge thermal gains. The next above that is their crystalline which is very expensive and for those really who have sensitive skin and what not. For most, the colorstable is sufficient. I researched it quite a bit since i moved to AZ and my last 3M tints (non-colorstable) faded in the sun out here in about a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts