Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my wife is gng to get my windows tinted for fathers day!! And this is the 1st car I've ever had where the windows move down when u open the doors, is this gng to leave a noticable gap @ the bottom when u shut the door?? Thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
No it won't. Anyone who has been tinting cars knows that many new cars have this so they trip a switch usually in the door and it keeps the window from moving and it will take care of this issue. Now when you do get them done I would refrain from driving the car for a couple days b/c of that issue where the window does drop it may cause a few bubbles in the tint. Nothing major, but just food for thought. Make sure to post pictures before and after its done :bigthumb: it will make a night and day difference on the look of your car.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks!! We we trying to plan on the best time because of that! Yea I'm wanting to go 20% but state law says no more then 35%, so I dunno, only time it matters is when u get an inspection sticker or a **** head cop don't like it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Exactly. A good tinter will be able to get your windows taken care of no problem--they'll pop the door panel or trick the window to make sure what you described doesn't happen with these kinds of windows.

The tinter will tell you not to put your window down for a couple days, but I agree with 2quick2shift; I tried to not even drive mine over the weekend after. Only opened the door once to get in at the shop and once when I got home. Then let it sit. Just to play it safe.

Enjoy your tint. I think it's one of the classiest "mods" you can make on a car like this. Clean look and (of course) keeps the interior cool/keeps out the prying eyes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts