Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks simple enough. My Camaro's I could literally lay down in the hatch that was nice. My challenger looks like I can maneuver enough in the back seat. From what I've read some people recommend taking steel wool to the defrost lines. Is this true? Any other advice for these cars in particular? Thanks

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Good luck. I didn't do mine but my installer commented about how tall the lines r on the Chrysler products. It didn't look great when he finished but it was the best he could do at the time. He said after about a week to take a card and go back over the each line and it would take some of the air out. I did and it made a dramatic difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
364 Posts
hmmm... you spent some good money on your car and you don't want to spend a few bucks to get your windows tinted professionally? if you don't want your defroster to work you can do that with the steel wool... you can probably bet on scratches on your glass too...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hmmm... you spent some good money on your car and you don't want to spend a few bucks to get your windows tinted professionally? if you don't want your defroster to work you can do that with the steel wool... you can probably bet on scratches on your glass too...
I've never had an issue tinting before, but after actually looking into it I've read others, even so called professionals say these cars give you an issue apparently. I was just looking to confirm that or not and if it's something easily overcome. I guess I'll tint shop too. If I can get a good recommendation around me I don't mind having it done. I'm still gathering a lot of knowledge on these cars and the window tint may not happen now do to my new electrical issues with the car... Speaking of spending good money that's what has me P'd to the O.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If u have done it before u will probably be alright. I don't think the steel wool would hurt as long as it's the super fine stuff. U would have to break one of the lines to make it not work. It's just one long circuit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
87 Posts
My tint guy didn't complain about the rear window and it came out looking great!

He puts the tint on the OUTSIDE of the window first and uses a heat gun to form it to the curve of the window.
Then he takes it inside and applies it.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,556 Posts
I've had mine done for 4 years. No bubbles, and defrost still works...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just updating this, wasn't too bad. First time I used the cling tint instead of adhesive. Doing it again I'd probably stick with adhesive. It was about standard pain in the ass compared to the other cars i've done. Is it perfect? absolutely not, and I had to go over it alot with squeegee but hey thats how you get it to lay flat. But once I fix up the brake light area no one will be able to tell expect for me. And I didn't pay no body for it :pimp:

·
Registered
404 Posts
The guy who tinted my windows also said Chrysler vehicles have thick defrost lines. He just let my car sit out in the sun for about 15 minutes and waited for the excess water to evaporate around the lines hence revealing any stubborn bubbles. Then he just flattened them out and it turned out great. No issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts