Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out the hard way that the large rivets for the Challenger Splash Guards have a diameter that is too big for most 'plastic' rivet guns. I finally found one at a specialty shop but it cost me $79.00.
I was joking when I said I would rent it out. I would gladly loan it to anyone.

But, here's the best idea. Check out Harbor Freight site for a rivet gun for less than $15. Here's the link:

Hand Riveter with 40 Industrial Strength Poly Rivets

I hope this saves a lot of people a lot of money....

Reactions: imranvv

·
Registered
299 Posts
Good info, thanks for posting, I will buy one and let the rest of our NorCalChallenger members use it.:thumbsup::bigthumb::guiness:
Just one question, I would think this will work with the RPI Stealth Mud Flaps as well.....does that make sense with you?

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info, thanks for posting, I will buy one and let the rest of our NorCalChallenger members use it.:thumbsup::bigthumb::guiness:
Just one question, I would think this will work with the RPI Stealth Mud Flaps as well.....does that make sense with you?
It's my guess that since the rivets go in factory holes ( plus the one on each side of the rear you have to drill ) that they would be the same size. I just liked putting the Mopar ones on because I knew they would fit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just installed Mopar's last week, did not have the proper tool so used push pins from overstock; middle hole in the rear splash guard does not lign up with body so i used just the bottom and upper hole, solid enough;

Same for the front, used only 3 pins, didn't want to drill upper hole in fender :)

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the splash guards the same color as the rocker panels?
Yep, just put a little Armour All to shine them up and it blends it beautifully. Really keeps the rocks, gravel, and mud off the side and back of the car.
With me going 75mph on the Interstates, I really suggest drilling the extra holes for more retention. Mine are very stable.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts