Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi;

I hope this tip helps someone...

I have a 2012 SRT with a 730RHR radio, and Harmon Kardon system. I have my iPod connected to the head unit with a USB-to-Ipod cable, and it controls the iPod. For about two months now, on most music I play, I got a crackling sound coming from speakers. Not very loud compared to music level, but annoying. It sounded like distortion, or like blown paper stock speakers.

After trying new iPod cables and even swapping dash speakers, I found what caused it. My iPod had "Volume Limit" set about 1/2 way. Once I set the limit to full up (actually, NO limit, full volume), the crackling/distortion went away!

I also found out that this limit is set back to 1/2 after an iPod reset, so if you have to reset the iPod, change the limit to full up (no limit) to get the best sound output.

Carcass :bangin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi;

I hope this tip helps someone...

I have a 2012 SRT with a 730RHR radio, and Harmon Kardon system. I have my iPod connected to the head unit with a USB-to-Ipod cable, and it controls the iPod. For about two months now, on most music I play, I got a crackling sound coming from speakers. Not very loud compared to music level, but annoying. It sounded like distortion, or like blown paper stock speakers.

After trying new iPod cables and even swapping dash speakers, I found what caused it. My iPod had "Volume Limit" set about 1/2 way. Once I set the limit to full up (actually, NO limit, full volume), the crackling/distortion went away!

I also found out that this limit is set back to 1/2 after an iPod reset, so if you have to reset the iPod, change the limit to full up (no limit) to get the best sound output.

Carcass :bangin:
Thanks I will go get mine out of the car now to do it and also add some new music.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another thing I found is that you should turn the EQ OFF if you are using it in the car (connected by iPod connector).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts