Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who ever says removing vinyl is simple, is either crazy or knows something that I don't. I put my vinyl on my car two years ago and I am ready to remove it and go with the simple and clean look. However this stuff is a pain in the ass to remove. It literally took me 3 hours to remove one half of my hood T-stripe. When I am removing it, it is breaking in small chunks making the process very long and tedious.
Anybody know of any good tricks?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I used heat gun to remove fender stripes. Had them all off in less than ten min. Dunno if t stripe made outta same material tho

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also removed the fender stripes, but they were two months old, not two years. I used a hairdryer to heat them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
mine were 4 years old when i took them off. i had a tougher time polishing to get rid of ghost stripes than removing them lol. after a year its not noticable though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Boil a kettle, gently poor hot water over the stripe as you peel, completely safe and real easy :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don't try to remove them when it's cold outside. Wait for a nice 100 degree scorcher and they pull right off. Get some zippo fluid (naptha) to clean off any residue.

:guiness:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts