Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very recent purchase of a 2015 dodge challenger scatpack. When I got it delivered it had all season radials in the rear. finally learning how to drive it you only give it a little bit of throttle and the tires are spinning. I purchased a pedal commander and forget it barely touching the throttle the tires just spin. My question is I want to replace the rims and tires if I go to set like 305 Nittos in the rear that I will be able to give it some throttle and the tires may actually accelerate and go instead of spinning right off the bat....thanks for any inout and just joined so I didn't want to look at every forum...thanks to all

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Well since you don't want to look around the forum.

I guess I will just answer with:

Drag radials should keep you from spinning your tires.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well since you don't want to look around the forum.

I guess I will just answer with:

Drag radials should keep you from spinning your tires.

Lol is it me but seems to be alot of new accounts flooding the forum

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
They all got their $1,200 dollar stimulus checks and want to spend it on their cars via other people's opinions and research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really. I thought these forums were to help. Yes, I am a new account. Wish my stimulus was $1,200, but since I am essential it was no where close to being the max. Just wanted some helpful information if upgrading my tires would help not getting the car loose, plain and simple. As it turns out, my first post just goes towards negativity.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Very few people want to say, again, something they have or been said in this forum multiple times before.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
826 Posts
There are a lot of existing posts on this topic. Why don't you browse around for a few minutes before starting a topic that has been covered?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm still in aww what's the tire biting?

But the 2nd post said drag radials

I have 315/35/20R NITTO 555 G2 tires and I can't give it full throttle. You have to ease in it with street tires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess tire biting means to me is the tires just gripping to the pavement and accelerating instead of spinning right away. New to the site as I stated. I was not even sure how to navigate thru the site yet. Just thought I'd throw out a question as I chilled before I crashed for work and see what the results would be. Guess I'm probably better going through the forums and looking for answers instead of posting and getting negative responses..Way to welcome a newbie guys.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
As mentioned earlier, drag radials is probably the only tire that will give you traction from a dead stop.

You have nearly 500 hp and a rear wheel drive car. It's gonna spin the tires plain and simple.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,090 Posts
Try not to be offended. Yours is not the typical greeting given. All of us need to remember that we were “new” once too, and cut a little slack......or simply don’t reply if you don’t have anything positive to add. Just so you know, many topics have been covered here since 2006. The search function works pretty well. Welcome to Challenger Talk and enjoy your new car safely.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk. Forgive some uncouth replies. Some are apparently thin skinned

To all, remember a simple rule in the forum rules

Please welcome all newcomers with friendly advice about how to find info & resources and get involved in our community - If you can't be friendly, be quiet

If you aren't willing to offer friendly advice, just bite your tongue and stew if you like.

A Guy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome, I see you stated you purchased a pedal commander. This makes the gas pedal more sensitive, which doesn't help your scenario with trying to be easy on the gas pedal. This will make it easier to give too much gas on the take off, resulting in spinning. As stated above, this car has a lot of power and yes, it is easy to spin the tires. There are better options out there that provide more traction and a wider tires will help, but learning how to ease into the throttle is going to be your best bet unless you do put drag radials on the car but those are not really for everyday driving and not the greatest in wet weather as they are intended for drag racing. There are some good All Season tires and if you store it for the winter months there are summer tires that tend to have a little better traction than All Season.

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk. Forgive some uncouth replies. Some are apparently thin skinned

To all, remember a simple rule in the forum rules:

Please welcome all newcomers with friendly advice about how to find info & resources and get involved in our community - If you can't be friendly, be quiet. If you aren't willing to offer friendly advice, just bite your tongue and stew if you like. A Guy
Well said. Since the inception of this forum, over 62,000 members have registered. Over the past 14 years, however, many have dropped out due to a loss of interest or the sale of their Challengers. We are always looking for new members. That is what keeps this forum viable. When newbies register, us seasoned members should welcome them and help them to become active members in our great Challenger community.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,908 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Hope you find a lot of good info here and don't let anyone make you not enjoy the forum. When you get a chance post a pic of your ride . Would love to see it. (y)

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Yes street legal drag radials will make a big difference over all-season tires. On my Hellcat they still spin easily but nothing compared to the summer only or all season tires I have.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
445 Posts
.... via other people's opinions and research.
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't that THE ENTIRE POINT of a forum lol? To learn off other people's opinions and research?

Anyway, welcome to the forum sikscat!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts