Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Tire bubble warranty?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Woz10 
#1 ·
Hello, there's a tiny bubble on the sidewall of my left rear tire. Does the tire fall under Warranty? I bought the car new last year. It has 5k miles. Sorry for my ignorance lol.

#3 ·
You would have to bring it to where the tire is sold to see. If it is a Goodyear to a Goodyear store if Firestone a Firestone dealer etc.If it is a defect they should either replace it for free or pro rate the tire life left on the tire.The key word here is defect!!!

#4 ·
We're going through this now on my girlfriends GTI. It has a ply separation on the sidewall (giant bubble). She took it to the dealer and they are taking care of dealing with Dunlop and getting a replacement tire for her. Maybe the dodge dealer will do the same.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
We're going through this now on my girlfriends GTI. It has a ply separation on the sidewall (giant bubble). She took it to the dealer and they are taking care of dealing with Dunlop and getting a replacement tire for her. Maybe the dodge dealer will do the same. /QUOTE]

That's outstanding service. Normally, a dealer would just refer you to the local Goodyear store.

#5 ·
Yeah, it's likely from a pothole. Darn it! I have the base so I got them Michelin's lol. The bubble is super tiny though, like tiny. It barely makes the M on the michelin name rise up. Damn a giant bubble? I doubt any dodge dealership would help. Thanks for the inputs guys!

#8 ·
I didn't feel like it was outstanding service at the time b/c the amount of time they took ... but it was a lot of BS they had to go through with Dunlop - it was a pain in the butt. They had to take the tire off the rim to inspect it per phone instructions provided by Dunlop...then remount the tire and send her on her way because they didn't have a tire in stock at the dealership. This took over 2 hours...

We had to go back a week later to have the tire actually swapped out. I guess its better service than a lot of other places though.

They even measured the tread depth of the other tires to make sure the new tire wouldn't be to different than the others (Dunlop provided an acceptable range). The car has 9k miles on it and the tires look new...needless to say my girlfriend doesn't beat on her car like I do my challenger. 12k miles and my tires are about bald !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.