Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this when I was detailing my car this weekend. I ordered a new tire but when I went in they said it wasn't necessary to replace. What do you guys think. The tire has less then 4k miles on them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Heck ya get a new one. Don't go back to that tire place that said it was alright holy crap.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
96 Posts
no way in hell i would run that tire any longer than to drive to a tire shop.. even then, i would probably pull it in my garage and haul it up there with another vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,625 Posts
Anything on the sidewall is dangerous. Tire should still have road hazard warranty?

A Guy

·
Registered
537 Posts
You'd think the tire guy would want to sell you another tire. Probably on hourly or salary vice commission. I'd replace it for sure, no question. Make a swing out of it for your back yard.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Check your other tires. That isn’t road damage. More like manufacturer’s defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check your other tires. That isn’t road damage. More like manufacturer’s defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I checked all the other tires and their fine. I'm getting it replaced this afternoon. It's just weird how it's almost a straight line.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So after I got the tire replaced I spoke to the service manager and he told me the reason the tech said it's not a big deal is because the damage is on the rim guard and not actually on the sidewall. The depth of the damage is about 1mm which seams to be related to a curb hit/rub. Better safe then sorry and piece of mind...

They are intended to sacrifice themselves in order to protect the tire's internal sidewall structure and the alloy wheels upon which they are mounted or curb rub.

I'll find a spare rim and keep it as a spare :wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Looks cut....

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Was that by any chance a summer tire driven in cold weather?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts