Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, that time of year... going to be ordering some winter rims/tires. I was considering going to an 18" rim in back and then run a 245/55/18 instead of the SRT stock 275/45/20. These would be 28.6" in diameter instead of 28.7".

Would this cause any issue with the TCS/ABS having 2 different diameters in front and rear? Instinct tells me it would... as if it sense the rear wheels are spinning faster than the front, that would indicate a lack of traction. However, I see a lot of people running staggered setups with radials or skinnies and I would not think they all need a tune to do so?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking into this as well and ran into this thread..5% difference tolerated but this is for the older models.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/srt-engineers-chat-session-answers-29653/?29653=#post418618

View attachment 852730

Wow, thank you! That's a pretty large difference really. I would be fine going to 0.3% difference down to 28.6"... but like you said that is for the older models. If I get a chance today I may try to get some answers from dealer or dodge

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
A user could have new tires in the front, and worn in the back, etc. The difference could be that mush. It would make sense (death knell, lol) that they'd have some tolerance built in. A Guy

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
A user could have new tires in the front, and worn in the back, etc. The difference could be that mush. It would make sense (death knell, lol) that they'd have some tolerance built in. A Guy

MUSH obliged....:D

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts