Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone’s favorite tire dressing to keep your tires black WITHOUT flinging it everywhere onto your quarter panels when you drive?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
This is the best out there as of now, but takes commitment

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The thing to remember with dressings is if it’s solvent based/propelled it’s not good for the tire walls, petroleum based products severely dry out the rubber over time, always read the labels for solvents...water based is the way to go on loved shoes

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
To me, tire black is much like tooth whitener, they both make the target of use unrealistic in appearance. My tires get soap and water only.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I used to buy something at the dealership in the early 1990s. It's the same stuff they use to dress up the tires for their cars, in the showroom.

I don't recall or or able to find it. I think it's call "Granitize" brand. (Edit: Just did a websearch on Amazon. Yes.)

I don't know if they changed the formula since. But it was awesome, shines nice, and yes, it does make a mess if you drive shortly after application. I used to brush it on so I don't use too much.

Now that I found it again, I may give it a try.

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
I use Adam's VRT. It gives the tires a nice satin look. I use it on the exterior black plastic trim also. I love it.

Reactions: Rob Goode

·
Registered
812 Posts
As far as tire dressing being bad for tires, maybe, true. I'm on my 2nd set of tires. They just don't last very long in term of wear on the Challenger. No burnouts. With that said, that's why I "don't care" if it drys out the rubber. On my minivan where I don't drive often, I don't use any dressing, as tire dry rot is more of an issue - because of my local weather.

·
Registered
694 Posts
superior cover all great for short term use like car shows. spray on no mess & doesn't effect wheel that have been clean & shined. o'reilly's has it.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,794 Posts
Current favs:
  • Meguiar’s Hot Shine tire foam (if a little dirty like from driving on rainy, wet roads)
  • Griots Garage Black Satin aerosol can (not to be confused with their Black Shine spray)
Honorable mentions:
  • Stoner More Shine aerosol can
  • Surf City Garage Beyond Black tire dressing in spray bottle
  • No Touch tire foam (good satin on tires AND on wheel wells)

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
139 Posts
I use Adam's VRT. It gives the tires a nice satin look. I use it on the exterior black plastic trim also. I love it.
I second this. Good stuff and just the right amount of "shine", in my humble opinion.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,486 Posts
Been using Chadwicks No Sling Tire Dressing since brand new. I don't like shiny, but want black. Has UVA and UVB protection. Apply a little, then buff with the other side of the applicator, nice satin finish, lasts weeks. I'm about 45 months of ownership, and just started my 2nd bottle...and I wash it just about every weekend

A Guy

Reactions: Unicorn

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
651 Posts
That second GEN is SWEET !!!!

BTW, Dressing is for salad !!

·
Super Moderator
14,021 Posts
I have tried a lot of different brands. My favorite is Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Foam. It cleans the tire and dries quicly with a nice matte finish. (Note- For those of you who prefer a shinier look, it also comes in a "Reflect" version).

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,794 Posts
I have tried a lot of different brands. My favorite is Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Foam. It cleans the tire and dries quicly with a nice matte finish. (Note- For those of you who prefer a shinier look, it also comes in a "Reflect" version).

It’s also great for keeping the wheels wells looking nice and clean!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just started to use Adam's Tire Shine. Let it dry and no issues with sling. A higher gloss than their VRT. I apply to the applicator first.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've tried all sorts of products, but don't like most of them because most sling even if they're advertised not to. I used to buy Barrett-Jackson from Walmart and love it...no sling with a mild shine. Unfortunately, they don't sell it anymore but found out that Adams bought the brand and repackaged it as Adams Tire Shine. I don't apply it after every wash though since it takes about three washes (and using a tire cleaner each time) to remove all the traces of the application. Then it's clean enough to reliably add a fresh coat that adequately adheres to the rubber. I also do only the top half of the tires, move the car to rotate the wheels 180 and finish the job. I don't like getting the product on my driveway trying to do the very bottom of the tire.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
485 Posts
I use 303. Works great.

Reactions: Stumblin Steve
1 - 20 of 22 Posts