Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now on my challenger I have 245/45 tires all around but I wanna go a little wider. The rim is 9 inches wide. I was thinkin 275/40. I think any more then that is pushing it. Does anybody with a little more experience with tires know what size I can get with out the tire looking weird on the rim ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
275/40 is the widest you want to go on the stock rims IMO. Lots of people do run that size with no issues though. Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've seen a few with that size and they don't have issues. In fact, when the time comes, I plan on going to that size for my SRT.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
I had 275/40's w/o any issues.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
275/40 is the widest you want to go on the stock rims IMO. Lots of people do run that size with no issues though. Good luck.
I agree, the max. on a 9-inch rim is a 275/40. Anything wider and the tire will not wear or perform up to its capacity.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
Can you please send a pic because I want to see if the sidewall kinda bulges out. If possible thanks if appreciate it

Sorry I do not have any pictures with the tires on (and they are gone). There is was not a bulge that I remember but there is not much in the way of a sidewall to bulge. I had Mickey Thompson Street Comp 2's.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Below was my 20x9s with 275/40 rears and 245/45 fronts.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I have 275/40 on 9 inch rims not much bulge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts