Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been wanting to get new rims and tires.
Was looking at 10.5 in the rear and 9.5 in the front. Demon style . Well I fell into a New set of 5. for a Killer deal !
The rears have 315/35,20 and that is the Biggest you can get. My Q is . I was looking a Nitto 555 G2's
These are Proxes ST's ? Am being told they are a Better tire ? So I am here for input .
Thank you up front !!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,582 Posts
The Proxes ST III are considered SUV/Small truck tires, although people have run them on their Challengers. They are W speed rated (up to 168 mph ). They are wear rated 500AA 40,000 mile warranty

The Nitto 555 G2 are also W speed rated. They are wear rated at 320. They are an UHP summer tire, and stickier for traction. These would be considered a better performance tire

I think you'd be happy with the Proxe's if you don't need the extra traction, and they should last longer. The treads are unique

A Guy

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That was what I was thinking. And I got 5 new Factory rep Demon wheels ( 1 still in the box ) As 1 front has Slight rash. SRT center caps All in Gun Metal gray with the to new rear tires Mounted and Bal W/TPMs All less than 200 miles on them. For $1100. I say That's a DEAL ! I was wanting those rims but didn't want to shell out the $1250 + Tax .
Oh and there 9.5 / F 10.5 /R.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,582 Posts
Good deal 👍

A Guy

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Got them all Mounted up and used my GoodYears on the front.
Must say I LOVE the look and ride !! Just what I was after !!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looks great!
Can you post more pics from the rear and down the side?
Do they rub?
Do they "Poke out" past rear fenders?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Down Side for me at all ! No Rub. Flush with the fender ( old school look ) . If I was to pick something I would say I need to get some Film to put on the rear rocker's to save the paint from chipping ? But that's easy !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts