Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put 275/40/20s on the rear of my 2010 challenger srt. I can't seem to find anything that matches the fronts. Does anyone make a match to the stock ?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I want to put 275/40/20s on the rear of my 2010 challenger srt. I can't seem to find anything that matches the fronts. Does anyone make a match to the stock ?
What do you mean?

A 245/45R20 (stock size) is 0.1% taller (0.02 inches) than a 275/40R20. You won't be able to notice any difference in the real world.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I want the tread pattern and the side wall to match the stock tires
Yes, so find a tire that comes in both 275/40R20 (rear) and 245/45R20 (front). Then you'll have tires with the same tread and sidewall height.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Ok, so then you were wondering if there were a Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar in 275/40R20 in order to match the factory front tires. Now that we've cleared up exactly what you were asking...

The answer is no, they only come in 245/45 and 255/45 for 20-inch wheels.

IMO, they're a pretty crappy tire anyway so this sounds like a great excuse to replace all 4 with something better. :D

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
That all depends.

Where do you live, what kind of weather do you have/drive in? Sub-freezing temps, snow, ice?

What kind of driving do you do (or plan on doing)? Commuting, general cruising, canyon carving, drag strip...?

There's not one tire that's great at everything, so it really depends on your needs.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm going with Nitto Motivos when I replace the F1's . they come in the sizes you want for your car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That all depends.

Where do you live, what kind of weather do you have/drive in? Sub-freezing temps, snow, ice?

What kind of driving do you do (or plan on doing)? Commuting, general cruising, canyon carving, drag strip...?

There's not one tire that's great at everything, so it really depends on your needs.
This my summer weekend car, never any winter or daily driving. A little spirited driving but mostly crusing

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I have had the f1's. They sucked azz. Then I had hankook evo's. They were great when new but got harder after many trips to the track. I do drive hard and they did have legal tread but it was time and they did get louder as time went on... Went with bf Goodrich comp 2's and put about 500 miles on them and so far I like them.... Is your car an srt or are your wheels 9 inches wide? I would not mount a 275 on an 8 inch rim. 9 is pushing a bit. They really should be on 10 inch rims in my opinion

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had the f1's. They sucked azz. Then I had hankook evo's. They were great when new but got harder after many trips to the track. I do drive hard and they did have legal tread but it was time and they did get louder as time went on... Went with bf Goodrich comp 2's and put about 500 miles on them and so far I like them.... Is your car an srt or are your wheels 9 inches wide? I would not mount a 275 on an 8 inch rim. 9 is pushing a bit. They really should be on 10 inch rims in my opinion

Srt with Alcoa 9x20s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts