Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, new to the forum! Just bought a Challenger R/T with 20' x 8 rims and was wondering if the factory tire pressure indicators will fit in the American Racing Torq Thrust rims I just bought? Any info would be appreciated, thanks. Randy....

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. I would think the people you get the wheels from should make sure that the wheels will work with TPS of the car. All Challengers have TPS.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Yes. I went from 18s stock wheels to 20 Torq Thrusts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and one more question, will the factory lugnuts work with the torq thrust m's ? guy at wheel dealer said they wont ... the torq thrusts are concave, are the factory concave too ????

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I don't believe the lug nuts will fit. The place I ordered my new wheels from threw in new locking lug nuts in the deal.

When they moved the TPMS from the old wheels to the new wheels they broke one of them and ordered a new one. IF... and I say IF this happens to you make absolute sure they order the same model year AND model of car you have. For 2009 the SE has different TPMS than an RT/SRT8 have and they of course they ordered the wrong one for me and it won't work. I think for 2010 it is even a different TPMS than the 2009 model year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes.. be carefull getting new TPMSensors..
Besides the difference between RT and SRT, I believe that the newer TPMS have rubber stems... this might look kind of silly if your other wheels have metal stem TPMS.
As far as I know the metal stem TPMS can still be ordered but if you just call a dealership and order them they most likely will get the newer ones.... so specify exactly what you want!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My 10 RT Classis has the rubber ones. I always thought that was dumb with those wheels to have black stems sticking out. If they are available when I get new tire I'll get them changed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took a lugnut off my challenger, and it seems to fit in the new rim just fine, i also called the vendor i got the wheels from and he said the sensors will fit no problem, we will see when it go's to the tire shop ! ....i also ordered a set of gorrila locks...... thanks for the replies !!!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts