Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

My 18 is still on factory order, which means my GT is probably sheetmetal and a pile of bolts right now. Lol.

But I did get my winter rims!

My question is the tire pressure sensors, does the 18 GT use tire pressure sensors and should I be replacing these in the old rims I got? It's of a magnum and I don't know how old they are. Should I risk it an use the old ones?

Worst case is I end up with an annoying tire light indicator.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
You must be on pins and needles waiting on your new car.

Your 18 will have the tire pressure monitors.

Buying rims from a Magnum means, at best, the batteries in the monitors are 9 years old. The monitors are something like $150-$200 for a set of 4.

If it were me, I would just live with a light being lit on my dash, since these wheels will only be used for a couple of months. If you live where winter can be longer, then maybe I would consider buying new monitors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm trying not to count the days or think about it. It'll come when it comes. I'm going to budget for feb.

Thanks for the info and insight. I tend to agree with you, for $200 I think I'll just deal with the blinking tire light.

Who knows, maybe the TPS on these rims I bough still have some life in them. We shall see...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I'm trying not to count the days or think about it. It'll come when it comes. I'm going to budget for feb.

Thanks for the info and insight. I tend to agree with you, for $200 I think I'll just deal with the blinking tire light.

Who knows, maybe the TPS on these rims I bough still have some life in them. We shall see...
If they still use this kind
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T36BUCY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can buy used take offs on Ebay for about $18 that are fairly new.

This kind was used on my 2015 chrysler 200s but I am not sure now if they have switched to the newer style that has no battery's.

Anybody know?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering, what happens when you install rims without sensors or dead sensors? I imagine the tire indicator will go on but will it eventually stop or will it stay on or keep flashing? If it eventually goes out I might skip changing these.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
It will haunt you until you pass from this Earth. So, yes, they stay on. A Guy

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lol. Okay, guess I'll maybe consider getting the dealer to swap them out and install new ones...
The 2nd generation Tazer can disable Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts