Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible (and easy) to transfer the TPS modules from the wheels I get with my car to new wheels I plan to buy?

Thanks
Bill D

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yep. Any tire shop will be able to do that. Provided your new wheels don't have some crazy shape that doesn't allow the sensors to fit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Any tire shop will be able to do that. Provided your new wheels don't have some crazy shape that doesn't allow the sensors to fit.
My plan is to purchase a set of Hell Raiser 20x11 wheels from PK Auto Design

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,418 Posts
check prices for new ones vs having the tire shop swap the old used ones out,
sometimes its just as cheap ( or close enough) to buy replacements and have them installed.
Then everything is fresh & new.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check prices for new ones vs having the tire shop swap the old used ones out,
sometimes its just as cheap ( or close enough) to buy replacements and have them installed.
Then everything is fresh & new.
The “old” ones will be roughly two months old. I get my car in June and plan to swap the wheels out shortly after that

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,418 Posts
The “old” ones will be roughly two months old. I get my car in June and plan to swap the wheels out shortly after that
...well your post wasnt exactly clear how "old" the "old" ones were ( 2 months? 2 yrs? 22yrs?)

Shops around here will charge you $25 per wheel to swap a used one out, but will install all new sensors for free - if you are installing new tires on new rims all at the same time.
< merely trying to save you a few $$ and have fresh components at the same time.
Eitherway looks like you dont actually have your car yet to do anything anyway.....

Reactions: Bill Dobbins

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think they are supposed to last for 5 or 6 years before the batteries start giving up. Might want to do the math and consider just getting new ones. Stay away from those cheap Chinese ones and go with Schrader.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Amy good honest tire shop should do it for cheap. I paid $50 for two sets of rims to be swapped. When I got my new challenger I paid $80 for 3 sets of rims to be swapped out. (Old tpms sensors on aftermarket rims swapped to orginal rims, news cars tpms sensors on original rims swapped to aftermarket rims)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts