Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my Eagle F1's was low on my 2010 SRT so I tried to use the Air pump in the trunk to top it off. (no Spare)
I Accidentally used the tire sealant instead. Duh ! So now can I get a replacement sealant cartridge/tank
from the dealership ? How does that work ? Anyone know if the whole unit has to be replaced (i.e. Air pump/Sealant tank) ?
And if so, how much would it cost ? Thanks in advance for any info u can provide. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
68082669AB is the part # for the sealant cannister - its removed from the tire inflator pump and replaced with a new one.

It runs ~ $34 - 36 for these. You can get from dealer, or online from various parts suppliers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet....thanks for the info Hal !

Much Appreciated....:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
If you ever get new tires, warn them, lol. That stuff is like baby poop

A Guy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you ever get new tires, warn them, lol. That stuff is like baby poop

A Guy

Speaking of which...I am getting a new set of summer tires in the spring...So are u saying
they would charge me extra to put on a new tire on the affected rim ? Refuse to service said rim, etc. :scratchhead:

Tnx A Guy ! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Speaking of which...I am getting a new set of summer tires in the spring...So are u saying
they would charge me extra to put on a new tire on the affected rim ? Refuse to service said rim, etc. :scratchhead:

They have to clean the sealant material from the inside of the tire and wheel. Its a gooey mess

Reactions: jjpogi

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
It's not certain, it's more a courtesy to them. if they unseal that tire, and that poop comes out and they are not expecting it...I'm sure it wouldn't make their day. They have no doubt experienced it before. Another issue is if the TMPS can be reused. A Guy

Reactions: jjpogi

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Something I did rather than have to use that sealant. ...I got a plug kit from Wally World. Fits nicely in the glovebox. Figure I can fix most anything that little can can with it and not have the mess. Already came in handy once when I picked up a nail a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts

Just bring a dozen of doughnuts (12 pack of beers even better) and hand it with the keys - it will take care of the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts