Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I decided on 20x9 on front and 20x10.5 on rear.

These are the tires I found that have both sizes I want: 245/45/20 front, and 295/40/20 rear as I like the rear to be slightly taller (I'm going a safer size instead of 305 or 315 because my SRT-8 has been lowered another inch over the already lowered SRT cars):

NITTO NT 555 G2 (XL) $794 set (wow, cheap)

Cont. Extreme Contact DWS 06 (XL) $1,024 set

Goodyear Eagle RS-A (SL) $1,184 set (paying for expensive advertising)

Pirelli P Zero (SL) $938 set

Pirelli P Zero (XL) $1,028 set

That's as far as my research has gone. Next step is to see the actual sizes and check out performance factors of each.

Comment if you wish! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I would not waste my time with all season tires as I bet your car will rarely even see a drop of rain, let alone wintry precip. I would recommend trying out a set of Toyos or even the Firestone Firehawks too. I'm coming up on the need for new tires and don't know what I will choose. I have Toyo Proxes T1 Sport and like them, but I may try the Firehawks or summer Continentals just to say I've tried other brands. I go through about a set a year so if I'm not happy, I'm not stuck with them for very long :)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not waste my time with all season tires as I bet your car will rarely even see a drop of rain, let alone wintry precip. I would recommend trying out a set of Toyos or even the Firestone Firehawks too. I'm coming up on the need for new tires and don't know what I will choose. I have Toyo Proxes T1 Sport and like them, but I may try the Firehawks or summer Continentals just to say I've tried other brands. I go through about a set a year so if I'm not happy, I'm not stuck with them for very long :)
The Firestone and Toyos did not come up in my sizes on either Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I'll double-check. Thanks! Yes, my car does not see snow at all, and it will only see rain on occasion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts