Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,
I tried out Cover All tire shine and it is no sling, shine last for days product. I picked it up at O’Reillys auto parts, haven’t seen it sold anywhere else offline. If you haven’t tried it, the product is amazing. It costs roughly $10 a can.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I like 303.

Quick pass with an applicator sponge after washing and it brings the black back out and it doesn't shine or sling.

Doesn't last forever, but I just make it part of my car cleaning regiment.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Hi forum,
I tried out Cover All tire shine and it is no sling, shine last for days product. I picked it up at O’Reillys auto parts, haven’t seen it sold anywhere else offline. If you haven’t tried it, the product is amazing. It costs roughly $10 a can.
I have seen that in there when perusing the car detailing products, but I have not tried it out yet. I'm not a fan of the super wet look most tire shine products attempt to impart, I like a less shiny, satin finish from my products. Where does this product fall on the scale of tire shine - closer to the wet look or more toward the satin-y end?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi forum,
i show my car show car all the time & is by for the best product to use if you want the wet look without the mess. the even better part is doesn't mess up the look of your wheels, so can do as a last touch up item.
:wink3:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Initial application, wet look, 2nd day it has more of a clean satiny appearance. If it doesn't rain it will look this way for a week or longer.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've tried so many tire shine product and although some were very good, I now use Turtle Wax Wet'n Black Tire Foam. It's only $2.37 at Walmart and does a great job. Although it say Wet'n black, it's actually not that shiny and just makes the tire look clean. It also doesn't sling and last a few weeks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
I've tried so many tire shine product and although some were very good, I now use Turtle Wax Wet'n Black Tire Foam. It's only $2.37 at Walmart and does a great job. Although it say Wet'n black, it's actually not that shiny and just makes the tire look clean. It also doesn't sling and last a few weeks.
Tires look good, now what are you going to do about those filthy wheel wells? :wink3:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f40/your-dirty-wheel-wells-ugly-514617/

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Tires look good, now what are you going to do about those filthy wheel wells? :wink3:

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f40/your-dirty-wheel-wells-ugly-514617/
LOL, it's been raining here a few times a week and I go Mountain Biking/Road Biking a few times a week so you can imagine parking and driving on dirt roads it can become a full time job keeping the wheel well clean. Especially for a daily driver :wink3: People already say I'm compulsive cleaning my car 2+ times a week LOL...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi

I use Meguiars Hotshine Tire Spray, it is supposed to be a high gloss tire dressing but I have a microfibre cloth soaked in the stuff and just give the tyres a wipe over, it leaves them with a dark matt black appearance that will last a few weeks (depending on the weather)

Regards

Dereck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
13 Participants
coobie
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing